DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New nerf bars installed (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=37703)

08quadram 01-19-2009 10:51 PM

New nerf bars installed

Well, this weekend it warmed up to about 20 degrees so I was able to work in the garage somewhat comfortably. I had orders a set of Aries 4" oval nerf bars. They were straight bars with end caps. I had ordered them through Autoanything.com. Long story short, it took about a week longer to ship than they had quoted, so after a couple of phone calls and them now knowing what was what I got an email saying they had shipped. To my pleasant surprise, they had shipped the deluxe version which has a 30 degree bend at the begining and. They retail for about $40.00 more than the ones I ordered. Anyway, I did get them installed, Aries instructions are at best horrible. They have 3 small drawings you almost need to squint at to make out and written instruction were not any better. After a little trial and error and finding out that the brackets for the front and rear are different, they are installed. Once I figured out how they went together, it only took about 45 minutes to an hour to install them. SO as soon as it quits snowing and the roads clear off enough so the truck will stay clean long enough drive home, I'll get some photos and post. These bars were about the cheapest I found and I'm very happy with the quality.

RaiderJay6 01-19-2009 11:38 PM

Congrats on the bars!

07HEMI 01-19-2009 11:39 PM

Sounds good. Will be looking forward too the pics.

erm 01-20-2009 01:03 AM

What? No pics??? Hmmmmm.... LOL

Post them up when you can. They sound nice!

LYC79 01-20-2009 03:29 AM

Sounds great 08quadram! Looking forward for the pics :smiley_thumbs_up:

Excoastie 01-20-2009 09:42 AM

from personal experience, you might want to think about investing in some sort of mud flaps, especially for the front. I got a front/ rear set of the husky liners for less than $100, they're molded and fit like a glove. They also keep a good portion of the road sludge from slinging up on the bars, they're also pretty good for keeping the rocks from hitting the bars/ truck.

congrats on your bars

Exco

08quadram 01-20-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excoastie (Post 50180)
from personal experience, you might want to think about investing in some sort of mud flaps, especially for the front. I got a front/ rear set of the husky liners for less than $100, they're molded and fit like a glove. They also keep a good portion of the road sludge from slinging up on the bars, they're also pretty good for keeping the rocks from hitting the bars/ truck.

congrats on your bars

Exco

I did install a set Weathertech mud flaps in the first couple of weeks. They took about 15 minutes to install and work great.

08greybeast 01-21-2009 10:42 AM

Lol, i just installed some 4in mopar ones on my 08 laramie, chrome plated..let me tell you, those directions on those were HORRIBLE...i did the same exact thing you did with the brackets, after some trial and error on my drivers side, which took about 1-2 hours to install, the pass. side took me 30 minutes..lol.

To say the least, i am not impressed at all with the quality of the mopar ones. i will post pics also when the snow is gone and get her all cleaned up...we will have to compare...i also have the bend in the front.

Tom

chithead 01-21-2009 10:57 AM

Hmmm . . . I would be curious to see these installed myself.

Fast Willy 01-21-2009 05:06 PM

Nice, post some pics