DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   newb with an 05 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=37968)

suparam 02-09-2009 02:58 PM

newb with an 05

Hello all. Name's Ro. I Picked up an 05 1500 in 05. i've obviuosly been the only owner and only driver. (rarely let anyone drive the ram:naughty:) Hopefully i can learn a few things on here about my truck that maybe i didn't know and help others. and maybe find some performance mods for my truck 4.7l v8 not a hemi. I never really understood why they didn't make a huge amount of ods for the stock 4.7. the hemi has a lot of power, so why does it need all the mods?

LYC79 02-09-2009 03:07 PM

:wavey: WELCOME to the ForumZ ! Glad you joined us
I'm sure you'll find lots of infos and performance mods for your truck here!
Don't forget to fill your profile on your UserCP and post us some pics when you can, we love pics :)

chithead 02-09-2009 03:08 PM

I love my 4.7. Could use a bit more kick, but what more can you expect from a smaller V8 - it's pretty stout! Have you started on any exhaust or intake mods?

suparam 02-09-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 52405)
I love my 4.7. Could use a bit more kick, but what more can you expect from a smaller V8 - it's pretty stout! Have you started on any exhaust or intake mods?

the only thing i've done is is put a 40 series? flowmaster with turndowns. i love it but i want louder.:smileup:
Everything is still pretty much stock. K&N filter and i've also ran an extension from my filter box to where my fog lights are supposed to be to get cooler air. kinda feel the difference so i kept it for now. :smiley_thumbs_up:

I want to get out of this single exhaust and go to true dual exhaust. a muffler guy way telling me i might run into probs but i think he just didn't want to do it:4-dontknow:

07HEMI 02-09-2009 05:07 PM

Welcome to the site.

300 Addict 02-09-2009 06:01 PM

Welcome to the forum Ro, from Ontario, Canada! Glad you joined us here! Enjoy the site!

ram06bighorn 02-09-2009 07:31 PM

I hear you on the Mods I've the K&N CAI and a leveling kit so far, I did buy a new Y pipe from Moe's just haven't put it on yet thinking of putting the Y pipe on and a new muffler real soon:smiley_thumbs_up: I'll let you know how that goes.

suparam 02-09-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram06bighorn (Post 52433)
I hear you on the Mods I've the K&N CAI and a leveling kit so far, I did buy a new Y pipe from Moe's just haven't put it on yet thinking of putting the Y pipe on and a new muffler real soon:smiley_thumbs_up: I'll let you know how that goes.

cool. i like the turndowns because it has more grunt versus coming out of the rear to me. i've even considered cutting my cat off but i might just go and get new headers and a whole new exhaust system

VA4MEDS 02-24-2009 08:24 AM

Welcome to the "Z". Glad to have you here Ro.