DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Oil Change (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   self oil change for 09 (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=38235)

09sport 03-03-2009 09:35 PM

self oil change for 09

I changed engine oil last Friday (right before got dents:doh:) oil change ding is still dinging.. is there any way can be reset??

Big Country 03-03-2009 11:31 PM

Double check the owners manual, but I think the procedure you have to follow is this. Get in the truck, insert the key into the ignition and turn it to "On" but don't start it. Within 10 seconds fully depress the gas pedal and release it 3 times. I believe it dings when it has been done successfully.

09sport 03-04-2009 01:30 AM

yeah!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Country (Post 54573)
Double check the owners manual, but I think the procedure you have to follow is this. Get in the truck, insert the key into the ignition and turn it to "On" but don't start it. Within 10 seconds fully depress the gas pedal and release it 3 times. I believe it dings when it has been done successfully.

thanks much I'll try!! :smileup:

cue244 03-04-2009 03:54 PM

It is in the maintenance booklet on how to reset it. But it sounds right about the pedal thing.

09sport 03-04-2009 05:47 PM

done!! thanx!!

Cibalo 05-10-2009 05:45 PM

I just went out and tried this a bunch of different ways and it didn't reset it. Normally I would look in the owner's manual but there isn't one in the truck. Truck has a build date of 04-2008 and is a 4.7 L single cab long bed. When I turn it to the on position I get a bunch of dash lights and 5 chimes. Then there is about a 3 second pause and then a chime for the change oil.

I've tried doing it fast and slow, doing it while the chimes are going, doing it after the chime, doing it after the change oil message ends, etc. Any ideas on what else I should try?

DavidNM 05-10-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cibalo (Post 59645)
I just went out and tried this a bunch of different ways and it didn't reset it. Normally I would look in the owner's manual but there isn't one in the truck. Truck has a build date of 04-2008 and is a 4.7 L single cab long bed. When I turn it to the on position I get a bunch of dash lights and 5 chimes. Then there is about a 3 second pause and then a chime for the change oil.

I've tried doing it fast and slow, doing it while the chimes are going, doing it after the chime, doing it after the change oil message ends, etc. Any ideas on what else I should try?

I think that was the procedure for flooding the engine :smileup:

DavidNM 05-10-2009 07:11 PM

The manual says to turn the key to the on position but don't start the car, depress the accell peddle slowly 3 times within 10 seconds, and then turn back to off position. It doesn't say anything about a 'ding' to confirm. Instead it says to restart the engine and if the alarm is still there you didn't do it rignt.