DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   MDS (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Stupid question (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=38284)

Megacab07 03-07-2009 05:36 PM

Stupid question

This is one for the books but I am going to ask it anyway. Maybe it will bring a smile to soemones face or make you thank god your not my neighbor or freind. I have a 07 1500 5.7 and was wondering how to tell if the hemi is equipped with mds? I bought the vehicle used and didnt ask if the vehicle had it because I read somewhere that this wasnt available until 08. I was just wondering if there would be a light or some indication. I will ask the shop or dealer but was wondering if there was a quick way to tell? Thanks. I am off to obtain my masters in mechanical engineering and then applying to chrysler!!!:smileup:

cerres 03-07-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megacab07 (Post 54957)
This is one for the books but I am going to ask it anyway. Maybe it will bring a smile to soemones face or make you thank god your not my neighbor or freind. I have a 07 1500 5.7 and was wondering how to tell if the hemi is equipped with mds? I bought the vehicle used and didnt ask if the vehicle had it because I read somewhere that this wasnt available until 08. I was just wondering if there would be a light or some indication. I will ask the shop or dealer but was wondering if there was a quick way to tell? Thanks. I am off to obtain my masters in mechanical engineering and then applying to chrysler!!!:smileup:

Good luck getting through the front door! They might give you a damned broom!

07Ram 03-07-2009 06:12 PM

If it is a Hemi and an 07 you have it. You will tell when you are driving at a slowr speed or on the highway steadily cruising. With an after market exhaust you can really hear it, it sounds like H@#$. One way to keep the MDS from kicking in is to put the transimission in TOW or OD/OFF. I asked the same question a while ago about MDS and I believe 07Hemi told me to keep it in TOW or OD/OFF until you get on a highway.

Personally, I hate the MDS. Makes the truck sound bad and I dont like the way it runs.

I woudl like to totally disconnect the thing.

Good luck.

erm 03-07-2009 10:35 PM

Your truck has it. No 07 5.7L HEMI powered trucks were built without it. You can see, while you are cruising, the tach RPM drop in steady state cruise.

You can disable MDS with the DiabloSport Predator.

boostjunkie1 03-09-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 54975)
Your truck has it. No 07 5.7L HEMI powered trucks were built without it. You can see, while you are cruising, the tach RPM drop in steady state cruise.

You can disable MDS with the DiabloSport Predator.

You are 90% Correct with that statement...... ALL 07 1500's with the HEMI are MDS. If you have a 2500 Ram you do NOT have MDS :smileup:......