DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Exhaust question! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=38457)

rock12488 03-23-2009 11:01 AM

Exhaust question!

Im thinking of getting new exhaust for my truck but i dont want to spend a fortune. i was thinking fo getting cherry bombs but im not sure. anyone have cherry bombs? if so can i get some opinions please? thank you

cue244 03-23-2009 07:57 PM

I just installed a Flowmaster Super 44 for about $75 brand from EBAY with free shipping. That was just for the muffler, I have an 09, so I already have the dual exhaust.

erm 03-23-2009 08:40 PM

I got my Magnaflow single in/dual out muffler and new tailpipes for a very good price installed. I like the sound of the Magnaflows and only needed new tailpipes as I decided to go with the after muffler dual system. One Magnaflow muffler at $89 wouldn't be a bad buy.

rock12488 03-24-2009 09:26 AM

awesome thanks guys. Now are they bolt on or did you get it welded. i cant weld because it will void my warranty.

roaddawg92 03-25-2009 12:07 AM

i got a magna flow myself spent 58.00 made a diffrence

cue244 03-25-2009 04:15 PM

I had mine welded in place.

sincebeen 03-26-2009 08:53 AM

Welding?

Welding the muffler voids the warranty? I just picked up my 09 yesterday and as saweet as the pipes sound now, I'm sure it won't be long before I'll want a little more.

08greybeast 03-26-2009 12:37 PM

How does it void it???

I would like to get the true facts on this warrenty bull crap....

I heard it will void it if you touch the truck in anyway...and i've heard if you get some warrenty work done and you put a part on there that cause it to fail..ofcoarse its voided but, if your main seal is leaking and you just put an exhaust on....it doesn't....And stealerships won't give me a straight anwser...so i don't know...anyone know for a fact?

Tom

rock12488 03-26-2009 02:29 PM

i actually went straight to the guy that is in charge of handling the warranty's. he didnt give me much of a straight answer with a lot of my questions but he did tell me that most of the time bolt on exhaust wont void the warranty but welded will. i also asked him about intakes and he told me that as long as the intake is in front of the manifold it wont void. if their any changes to the manifold it does void.

sincebeen 03-27-2009 09:54 AM

There is probably a "team" - not a "guy" - in charge of warranties (and it's likely they have a team for each model). The reason I mention that is because the guy you talked to may have given you an answer just to give an answer (I hate when people do that crap; is it so hard to say "Sir, I don't know, but let me find you the answer").

On the other hand though, you may have gotten the one of the good ones out of the team, I hope that answer about the intake is fact because I'd like to do it eventually; seems like all the intakes I've ever bought have stated clearly "this product voids warranty", or something like that.

My cousin is an engineer over there, I wonder if he can get me to the top of the warranty food chain... Dodge should have some sort of "enthusiast’s" answer guide (but I guess that's what www.ramforumz.com is :smileup:)

More to follow...