DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Tuner for 2009 5.7L HEMI MDS VCT (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=38589)

sincebeen 04-04-2009 04:35 PM

Tuner for 2009 5.7L HEMI MDS VCT

Any 09's out there with tuners yet? I had an Edge on my last truck, and as much as I loved it, I always wished I had gone superchips.

Wondering what to get this time; mostly wondering which one will take optimal advantage of the Variable Cam Timing (VCT).

erm 04-05-2009 05:29 PM

Just wait for DiabloSport to come out with the Predator for the '09's...you'll love it!

cue244 04-07-2009 06:06 PM

I am waiting for the Predator to come out!! It blew the Superchips out of the water on my 300c!

erm 04-08-2009 01:22 AM

Roger that, cue!!!

sincebeen 04-09-2009 11:51 AM

It just seems like they've done a great deal of work on the PCMs, i'd hate to screw anything up. Transmission adjustments and + timing would be the big thing for me.

erm 04-09-2009 06:44 PM

If you are worried about damage to your computer, don't be. There are thousands and tens of thousands of Predators out there on GM, Ford and Dodge/Chrysler vehicles.

The Predator is very versatile and has a huge set of options for setting cooling fans to run at lower temps (good thing for a HEMI which tends to run hot) speedo calibration for larger wheel and tire options, fuel delivery at WOT, spark advance, and just a whole lot of other options within their standard tunes. And, like I am about to do, a DiabloSport authorized tuner can do even more with this tool and the tuning software in conjunction with a dyno.

The transmission adjustment is basically increasing line pressure which firms up shifts, reduces slippage between gear engagement and allows the transmission to run cooler. This is a good thing as slippage, and the resultant heat generated by slippage, kills transmissions.

Within the spark tables, spark/timing can be advanced or retarded as needed to optimize engine performance and efficiency across multiple RPM ranges.

If your truck is running lean, and most HEMI's do under the stock program, using the Predator fuel options can richen the mixture across multiple RPM ranges to avoid a lean burn/knock situation, also good for your engine's efficiency and performance.

So don't be apprehensive about this tool. It's the best bang for the buck mod you can do. Combine it with a cold air intake and catback exhaust and be ready to be amazed.

Oh, I get nothing for this endorsement. I just have a lot of practical experience with this tool and I've seen nothing better out there for the HEMI.

sincebeen 04-10-2009 09:16 AM

:smiley_thumbs_up: Well said MADDOG... really.

erm 04-10-2009 12:17 PM

Glad I could help, sincebeen. Holler if you have any other questions about your truck!

RamHemi55 04-15-2009 11:35 PM

Hopefully they come out with a programmer that is untraceable in the computer system so that the warrenty is not affected!