DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   problems with 01 ram and the dealer.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=38918)

townsley4 05-03-2009 10:30 PM

problems with 01 ram and the dealer....

hey so i bought a 2001 ram 1500 quad cab last week tuesday. and..when i was buying it, i todl the guy i wanted to take it to my mecahninc to haev him check and make sure everything is ok and running right. well he said " our mechanics are the best around..and they check evrything out before it goes ont he lot." well i trusted them. they gave me a 3k mile 30 day power warrenty. i took the truck to my mechanic..and there is $1600 worth of parts needed to be fixed/replaaced.

Front axle u-joints
upper ball joints
lower ball joints
rancho steering stabilizer
shocks: sensa track shock front x2 rear x2
pinion seal.

that is what the mechaninc had found wrong with the truck. other than that, it is in great shape.
well i took the sheet of paper with the parts on it from my mechaninc and told the ealer about it..and he said..."well i;; have my mechanincs look at it" i said...why didnt they see it the first time they looked at it? he said, i dont know.." so they wanted me to leave the truck thre tonight and they are goignt o look at it all day tommorow, and call me and tell me what they think...

what do you guys think????

GT 05-04-2009 01:03 AM

Is the mechanic you took it to someone you trust? Did he show you the damage?
Anyway, if the dealer agreed to keep it and have a look see, it sounds like they may very well be cool, and fix those things if they really need it.

I'd chill until you find out more.

DavidNM 05-04-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pe0n (Post 59095)
Anyway, if the dealer agreed to keep it and have a look see, it sounds like they may very well be cool, and fix those things if they really need it.

I agree - I think chilling out is the right thing to do. I would tend to think they'll make things right. But if they come back with some song and dance about splitting costs, etc. I would throw a fit. Was there a sticker on the car - you know - one of those "Certified Grrrreat" stickers? If so you may need to remind the dealer about it.

Car Dealer: (ker-deeler) - syn. theif, swine, liar, cheat, scum-bag, vermin

black beauty 05-04-2009 11:47 AM

I like what DavidNM said do excatly that and if he says its fine or they can't do anything about it started BI***IN somthing fierce and get that much money back so your mechanic can fix it

townsley4 05-04-2009 07:03 PM

ok..so i went and picked my truck up fromt he dealer after thir mechanics had a look at it(the 2nd time) and out of all the things i lsited earlier..they said.."the only thing we found wrong with it is the front left u joint and hub" they said the pinion seal is leaking but they said its normal? he is like..all pinions seals have a little moisture around them. they guy said he will pay for the u joint and hub (740$)

soo...some 1 is lieng..either midas or this dealers mechanic. They did put new yokohama geolander A/T tires on it. ( the other ones were all worn down on the inside edge, midas said thats from bad shocks...) ?

what do you guys think? im not that mechanically inclined... so i would like your opinions

black beauty 05-04-2009 10:13 PM

well that is something i guess if you want to look on the bright side of it but still not what anyone is looking for. as for what they said about the pinion idk i do not know to much about them but if he is the retail person then he has know idea what he is talking about he is just trying to pull something out of his pyhole. is the mechanics at midas your all the time mechanic? or is he just some guy? as for the tire wearing out that is sometimes from the shocks or just bad suspension in general. with those being bad all the weight of the truck is falling straight down to where the inside of the tire obviously is hints the wear and tear.

all in all try and find somewhere else that you can trust with your truck or just take in the tail pipe and unfortunatley pay the man

DavidNM 05-05-2009 06:52 AM

What kind of dealer is this? Is this a new car dealer or "Fast Eddies" used cars?

I would take the truck to another mechanic - be honest and tell them what's going on. Ask for an honest evaluation of the first mechanics findings. Personally I never trust mechanics that work in a Midas shop - too cookie cutter trying to make money.

After that post and the gang will go from there.

chithead 05-05-2009 09:19 AM

I have to agree with the comment about the typical mechanics in a Jiffy Lube or Midas shop. Unless it is a personal friend, I would try finding a shop that specializes in 4wd trucks and have them check it out.

townsley4 05-05-2009 04:37 PM

got an appointment at meineke thursday afternoon. im curious to see what they say. is meineke a good vehicle shop? they are going to look at it for free. so sounds good to me.

DavidNM 05-05-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pe0n (Post 59095)

Quote:

Originally Posted by townsley4 (Post 59235)
got an appointment at meineke thursday afternoon. im curious to see what they say. is meineke a good vehicle shop? they are going to look at it for free. so sounds good to me.

I don't know the guys working at Meineke, but it's a muffler shop, right? You need to find a first rate, well respected auto shop that has good mechanics. Most of the time they won't be part of a chain - there might be 2 or 3 locations in the city you live in - depending on the size - but nothing like Midas, Meineke, Brake Masters, etc. . .

As some people for referrals - your Dad, Uncle, Brothers, etc. You want an independent repair shop that's been around for a while. It'll probably cost you $50 or so to look at it / scope it. The good ones don't work for free.