DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   programmers ??? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39165)

dicky 05-21-2009 08:52 AM

programmers ???
 
gentlemen, i had a diesel previous and went to a 2006 1500 mega cab.
I drive really easy and don't really hammer down at all.
what programmer works best for the hemi,
i know theres lots out there on the market,,but what helps gain 3-5 mpg.
thanks folks

chithead 05-21-2009 09:09 AM

I would check Diablo or our newest site supporter, Bully Dog.

0212353 05-21-2009 09:27 AM

A programmer in a Hemi isn't going to get you 3-5 MPGs.

You have a choice between the SuperChips, Diablo, Bullydog........maybe Hypertech (can't remember if they do one).

I have owned a Diablo and now a Superchips, and I am headed back to Diablo. I like the power! I don't care about mileage, I drive 3 miles to work.......

chefred112 06-05-2009 07:19 PM

...if your keeping your mods simple (or none)...go with the superchips..they seem to have the most reliable tuner right now with lotsa options for it...

johnnyk416 06-07-2009 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefred112 (Post 62416)
...if your keeping your mods simple (or none)...go with the superchips..they seem to have the most reliable tuner right now with lotsa options for it...

:iagree: If keeping it simple SC is the way to go, they have TCM control nailed down. Diablo has had issues on some trucks with the transmissions, if custom tuning is needed in the future Diablo or SCT would be the way. Personally I am going with SCT when I am ready to install my cam.

Bully Dog 06-09-2009 11:28 AM

Unless you are brand loyal - I would look at the Bully Dog GT Gas - Electronic Gauges, Performance, Driving Coach...all in 1. Top 10 SEMA Engineered products - #1 in the Tuner Category....

johnnyk416 06-09-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully Dog (Post 62976)
Unless you are brand loyal - I would look at the Bully Dog GT Gas - Electronic Gauges, Performance, Driving Coach...all in 1. Top 10 SEMA Engineered products - #1 in the Tuner Category....

As long as you guys have fixed the problems with it locking up the ECM and frying them. I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing this but a buddy of mine has.

Bully Dog 06-09-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyk416 (Post 63013)
As long as you guys have fixed the problems with it locking up the ECM and frying them. I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing this but a buddy of mine has.

Unfortunately, every 'tuner' company has fried an ECM - is it always the tuners fault?... some of the time sure... many times its the ECM from the factory. I am not here to bash our competitors or anything of the sort. Everyone puts out a quality product and has their own niche' in the market as well as loyal dedicated customers.

I do know what nobody as of now has anything close to what the GT Gas can do...

johnnyk416 06-09-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bully Dog (Post 63022)
Unfortunately, every 'tuner' company has fried an ECM - is it always the tuners fault?... some of the time sure... many times its the ECM from the factory. I am not here to bash our competitors or anything of the sort. Everyone puts out a quality product and has their own niche' in the market as well as loyal dedicated customers.

I do know what nobody as of now has anything close to what the GT Gas can do...

Fair enough ...... I wasn't trying to bash sorry if ya read it that way.


If your claim is true send one this way, I will compare it to my SC if I like it I will buy it.......LOL

Waht do ya say?

Bully Dog 06-09-2009 06:44 PM

What year, make, model of truck do you have?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger