DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Washing & Waxing (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Lemon Pledge... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39211)

nt6977 05-24-2009 11:45 PM

Lemon Pledge...

1 Attachment(s)
Ok before you bash me to pieces, give it a try. I have a 09 Ultra Harley and picked up this tip from a Harley thread. First and for most you have to clean your ride first. Wash it. Then make sure you have it dried off. Then just spray Pledge on and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. It may leave a small amount of film if your microfiber cloth is wet from Pledge. All you have to do is take a dry microfiber cloth and wipe of the film. I have a Sunburst Orange Pearl 09 and it looks sweet. You can use it on every part of your ride, windows, trim, chrome, everything. And if you live in the country like I do, if it's a little dusty you can spruce it up with a microfiber and a little Pledge. Hey give it a try, and it smells good to boot.

CajunDodge 05-25-2009 01:17 PM

Never used it as a wax, per se, but I do use it to dust the dash and the interior. Definitely like the way that smells!

BigDaddy112 06-05-2009 11:31 PM

use it every other time i wash my truck. one week i wax one week i pledge. looks better than a wax but doesnt last as long. like to spray it down real quick before a night on the twon

Megacab07 06-14-2009 09:05 AM

What about using it in leather? I have heard to us it on seats but am afraid of it possibly drying them out.

ramcharger90 06-24-2010 09:07 AM

Hey I used it on my 07. Just the interior and it worked great.

Leadfootluke 06-25-2010 05:37 PM

I haven't used it, so I won't comment on the performance of it, but it does seem odd to use it on painted surfaces when Pledge does not make any statements regarding it being safe on paint.

With that said, pledge has cleaning properties, so applying it to your paint would inherently strip anything on it, right? So waxing, then using pledge would be equitable to wasting time, money, and wax. I will have to try it myself before I make assumptions, but I have a hard time believing pledge works better than a dedicated detail spray you can buy for about 50 cents a quart elsewhere.

RamTech 06-25-2010 07:39 PM

Brake fluid shines the shit out of rubber but I'm sure not going to use it. I've seen the long term results.

beermanjoe 08-17-2010 08:45 PM

I purchased a 2008 Polaris RZR. In the DVD that came with it.It actually recommends using Pledge to wax it. Makes her shine every time!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 08-17-2010 09:57 PM

I don't know . I'll continue to stick with my old conventional way of waxing .

kdavis8692 11-02-2010 11:38 PM

I've used it only on the interior with good results. I'll have to give it a try on the paint.