DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Exhaust conversion (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39254)

chevyeater 05-27-2009 04:22 PM

Exhaust conversion

I have a 04 1500 ram hemi 5.7 liter.It has a single exhaust system meaning one tail pipe. Its a four door. I was wanting to convert it to a dual exhaust system. It has two CAT converters and one muffler. Any suggestions on a bolt on system reasonably priced? My truck is a four door if thats nay help.

Sparky 05-27-2009 10:58 PM

I have found that going to a muffler shop and having them make an exhaust is about the same price as you going out and buying a bolt on. Plus the muffler shop will back up their work.

0212353 05-27-2009 11:15 PM

I got my Flowmaster 40 Single in, dual out with rolled tips installed for 375

bigjeff64 05-28-2009 11:13 AM

Magnaflow

I saw a 5.7 magnaflow kit bolt on at summit racing i think it was on a clearance price and I actually watched one get installed when i was getting my exhaust done. it looked good and sounded mean at WOT. He did not have a CAI but he had a OEM replacement K&N filter. The only complaint was his 5.7 had the displacement system where it dropped to 4 cylinders and the exhaust sound garbbled and like if u but a flowmaster on a honda. I dont think Dodge had that available in 04. Oh, BTW the tips on the kit ended together out the passenger side like the stock but your muffler shop can bend u some pipes to custom fit your location. Overall it was a nice piece, Hope this helps

jeff

chefred112 06-05-2009 06:04 PM

if you can find a small independent shop..they tend to be cheaper then retail...when i got my true duals done..they did the piping from the cats, did an H for me, welded my cutouts (only thing I had to supply), then welded in a 3" di/3.5" so magnaflow dumped after axle. Total price was $200.00

bedmaiston 06-07-2009 08:52 PM

Check with your local dealer

When I purchased mine it had a Borla exhaust system already installed that was designed for dodge trucks and it sounds really good and turns heads.

erm 06-07-2009 11:08 PM

I agree...local shops can make up a system cheaper. I have a single in, dual out Magnaflow on mine and I love the sound.

If your truck has MDS (which deactivates to 4 cylinders at a steady state) you can kill that function with a DiabloSport Predator programmer and wake that HEMI up at the same time.

damram08 06-19-2009 04:00 PM

Cherry Bomb

I put cherry bomb exhaust on my truck, its sounds good. i payed $200 for it. Just has one muffler but dual tips out back

Silverbullet 06-30-2009 09:06 PM

I just bought a summit catback for 179.99. I really wanted a ss cat back, but times are tough. Any ways, its 16 gauge, mandrel bent, and has dual exhaust. Its got a nice tone, but its no flowmaster sound by any means. But good bang for the buck.

CdnoilRAM 07-02-2009 12:27 AM

I put a borla cat-back dual rear on mine. it's not true dual, but i'm not noticing any major issues. with the shorty headers to keep the cats it sounds great and the smog-cops aren't on me like my buddy's with a blown SRT-8 straight back exhaust. granted it ran me 1300cdn but with the MDS on mine for the long drives to the high north (13-20hrs), it's a real pocket saver and sounds just rank. It came with the dual low choke mufflers so sounds good at all cylinder settings as well.