DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Proud new owner, need quick advise (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39299)

FNG 05-29-2009 10:07 PM

Proud new owner, need quick advice

Hello all,
I just purchased a brand new Ram 1500. Just signed today and have to go back tomorrow to finish up paperwork and down payment. Psyched!! 09' Black sports trim w/crew cab, leather

I was offered a bunch of stuff at signing. Two things interested me. LIFE TIME BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty for $2500. That looks like a no brainer, can't belive there is such a thing. I drive my vehicles into the ground. Is it for real??

If it is, I am buying it. Life time power train, and life time bumper to bumper, how can I go wrong!:Wow1:

The other is a $700 plastic protective film for the front-end. Does anyone have that stuff, is it truely invisable and worth the money?

I need replys by tomorrow morning when I head back to the deal with my down payment.

Thanks much. I am a member of the Durango Owners club too. I look forward to meeting you all and sharing all the valuble info here.

Thanks
Steve

0212353 05-29-2009 11:51 PM

don't get the film.......keep it clean and nicely waxed and don't tailgate.

That stuff will turn nasty yellow after time. yuck!

erm 05-30-2009 12:34 PM

I got a bit of a better deal going direct to Chrysler when I bought my extended warranty, about 65% of the dealer offered price. I'd negotiate with them a bit on this item or google up ChryslerContracts.com and check prices there.

I have a 3M Clear Bra on the entire front fascia, 10" of the hood, the back of the exterior mirrors, the door handle pockets, the leading edge of the rear fenders and the horizontal portion of the rear fascia at the trunk load in spot; all on my 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8.

I'm really glad I did this. It's save the paint in all those areas! It hasn't turned yellow (I got the good stuff) in the 2.5 years it's been on the car and it cost me about $450 to get it done.

The only time it looks kinda funny is when I am wearing sunglasses and tilt my head...which freaked me out the first time I did this!

FNG 05-30-2009 08:49 PM

I didnt get the protective film. I brought my wife back this morning to finish signing the paper work. We took the truck back out for another drive. She could barly climb up and in it comfortably.

I got talking to one of the kids who do the reconditioning, although he said he's seen it on black vehicls, and it looks good, I decided to do a swap. I got the factory chrome nurf bars instead. Managed to negociate one last time and got them to install them for free, but I did have to pay for them.

I'll post some pics when I get the truck. Too bad for me, my insurance company is closed on Satudays, so I have to wait to get my truck. Sux!

2009 1500 crew cab, black pearl, dark leather, sports trim, and man-o-man too many other goodies. Think I got a great deal. Listed for $44,500 on the window. Got it for $33,300 plus cost of nurf bars and Life Time Bumper to Bumper. Just over $11,000 off sticker. I would never have paid $40K for a pickup. But this was a dream. Still can't get over this life time bumper to bumper. I confirmed it befor I signed, Million years, million miles, still only cost me $100 per repair visit.:smileup:

Zekery360 07-13-2009 04:49 PM

Bumper-to-bumper warranties rock!! I didn't even know Chrysler did that! Congrats on the new ride, sounds way sweet!

300 Addict 07-13-2009 04:57 PM

Good decision you made there! Looking forward to seeing pics!