DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Cold Air induction and Powertrain Warranty (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39680)

500finch 06-13-2009 10:05 AM

Cold Air induction and Powertrain Warranty

I have put an Airaid cold induction kit on my 2003 Ram.
I was using a little oil b4 i put the kit on and want 2 address my concerns with the dealer,as it's getting worse.
i only have 40,000 miles on powertrain warranty.
Should i put factory tube and box back on b4 i go 2 dealer

raceram9 06-13-2009 06:22 PM

no cia wont void warrenty y should be good dont take any **** from them trust me they will try

erm 06-13-2009 10:52 PM

The burden of proof that a mod you installed caused a problem is on the dealer.

500finch 06-18-2009 10:32 AM

Cold Air Induction

I phoned the dealer and they stated Dodge will not honor any warranty with any air kit on,other than factory box.
It was just what i figured so, i'll have 2 put factory box back on, pain in the arse and totally UNWARRANTED .

chithead 06-18-2009 12:23 PM

Hmmm . . . that is interesting. Wonder if it goes in for regular service if they will void the warranty in their system. I get free oil changes where I bought mine from, hate to think they would auto-void it once they pop they hood and see an aftermarket air intake.

ljonesj 06-18-2009 03:23 PM

k&n replacement stock airfilters give u a card if the dealer hassels u about it give them a call and let them talk to the dealer and they say there product does not void any warrenty at all i think its the dealer bsing u still

07 2500 06-24-2009 09:45 PM

i thought they same thing till i took mine in . i have a spacer intake and exhaust . the dealer wont void the warranty for that, but if you call the 800 # for the warr dept they say it voids it

bmbtch04 06-28-2009 07:42 PM

As with many things, the answer is...it depends.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act says that a manufacturer cannot deny a warranty claim because of an aftermarket part, unless the part in question actually CAUSED the problem that the warranty claim is about. So technically unless they can prove that it did in fact cause the problem they can't void your warranty, but they can make life really difficult by fighting you on it. Just because the law is on your side with this doesnt mean the dealership is going to be. So I would talk to the service department and see where they stand on it.

Quiet Lunatic 06-28-2009 08:23 PM

I just bought an 03 in April, one of my first question to the guy in charge of the warranties was "if I put on a CAI on will it void any warranties?" His answer "You can do any modification you want it will only void the warranty if it causes the problem."

ramit2009 06-28-2009 09:16 PM

Believe me they are going to try to blame the problem on it so you are just better off putting the stock box back on then they cant give you any problems better safe than sorry