DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   3.7L PowerTech V6 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Bosch o2 sensor???? Please help!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39719)

jj141979 06-14-2009 08:51 PM

Bosch o2 sensor???? Please help!!!

I changed o2 sensors. I put 2 bosch sensors in it and still get p0132 code volts to high. Does anybody have experience with this??? Maddog told me to check the wiring, I did and didnt find anything. This is driving me nuts!!!! I heard our trucks dont like the bosch o2 sensors but wanna hear any experiences from anybody else. My truck is a 2003 ram with a Hemi. Bone stock. THANKS!!

jjtroutbum 06-14-2009 09:21 PM

That sucks man but no help here. I'm just tagging along since I just got done replacing before and after on mine.

jj141979 06-14-2009 10:35 PM

Trout. Did you say you just replaced both sensors?? If you did were they the OEM ones or aftermarket like Bosch???

jjtroutbum 06-14-2009 10:44 PM

They were both Bosch in the OEM fashion.(not universal/no splicing)

jj141979 06-14-2009 10:53 PM

Trout, did those Bosches work?? If they did not did you try the OEM's??

jjtroutbum 06-14-2009 11:38 PM

First one I replaced was the after it was actually broken. The second (before)one was replaced today. And after I re hooked up the battery the check engine light was gone. To me this means they worked. So ya I guess so.

Getting my safety and emissions test tomorrow after a oil change hope all goes well.

I have owned this truck for about two days. lol

ema02 06-20-2009 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjtroutbum (Post 63745)
First one I replaced was the after it was actually broken. The second (before)one was replaced today. And after I re hooked up the battery the check engine light was gone. To me this means they worked. So ya I guess so.

Getting my safety and emissions test tomorrow after a oil change hope all goes well.

I have owned this truck for about two days. lol

Nice work, got some trial and error thingy. But great job. Our dodge dakota had the same problem but my nephew had someone to fix it (Just like what he always do when any of the dodge auto parts got the hit). That's why I didn't know what they did to solve it. Glad you're able to accomplish it yourself.

jjtroutbum 06-20-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj141979 (Post 63742)
Trout, did those Bosches work?? If they did not did you try the OEM's??

Ya they worked It passed emissions to bad the damn inspector screwed me on safety sighted me for a gutted cat and still passed emissions now I gotta replace the whole exhaust and all the ball joints by the 20th of next month to get it passed buy the same _ _ _ hat for free ! :mad:

Saugie53 05-18-2010 07:55 PM

Hey, I know this thread is almost a year old now but I was wondering if you ever fixed this problem. My truck is the exact same one as yours and i'm having the exact same code and problem. I replaced the O2 sensor with a bosch and the code came back thought it was a bad O2 sensor so returned it got another one and the same thing. Should I just try getting a Mopar O2 sensor or could it be something else?? I also already traced the wire back and couldnt find anything wrong with it

beermanjoe 05-18-2010 08:05 PM

Had my 07 in the dealership twice for 02 sensor codes. My uncle is the mechanic there,he recommends OEM sensors. Last trip to dealer I was getting 02 sensor codes and EGR codes. They replaced the EGR and light has been out for a month. Remember they have 4 02 sensors. At least the 07s do.