DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Interior Cleaning and Maintenance! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   residue left from tinting (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39815)

LadyRam 06-19-2009 02:24 PM

residue left from tinting

Had the windows tinted on Wednesday.
I have all leather interior; slate gray.

I have tried washing off; used Meguiars leather cleaning & conditioning wipes I had left over from my old Dakota, and tried warm water with a small bit of Murphy's oil soap,
but this whitish haze won't come off/go away.

Anyone have any suggestions what to use to take the haze off? :4-dontknow:

erik108 06-19-2009 02:47 PM

hmm the tinter should have just been using soap and water in the sprayer, I just had mine done ( a friend of mine does tint for a living !!! I will ask him,
is it on the seat or the window molding. or both

LYC79 06-19-2009 03:37 PM

After I had the window tinted in my Caliber all the interior of my doors and of the trunk were covered with spots, I washed them with a sponge and warm water, there were no more spots when they dryed ... it worked also on the leather seats (mine are black).
As Erik said the tinter should have used only water and soap...

300 Addict 06-19-2009 03:59 PM

Same happened when I had my 300 done. A little mild soap and water took it off for me.

LadyRam 06-19-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erik108 (Post 64694)
hmm the tinter should have just been using soap and water in the sprayer, I just had mine done ( a friend of mine does tint for a living !!! I will ask him,
is it on the seat or the window molding. or both

On both; a few places on the rear seat and down the door panels.
This guy is a tinter.

Could it be when he wiped down the doors, it removed leather protectant from the factory or the dealership?

I have some Meguiars Gold Class rich leather cleaner/conditioner. I might give that a try.

thanks for the responses

300 Addict 06-19-2009 04:02 PM

That Meguires Leather Rich Leather Cleaner is pretty good stuff. I'm using it now on my 300. Hope that works for you.

erik108 06-19-2009 04:05 PM

zymol makes a expensive and great leather cleaner its in a small claer bottle the liquid is gold/yellow it might be owrth buying ( at most auto parts stores )

300 Addict 06-19-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erik108 (Post 64723)
zymol makes a expensive and great leather cleaner its in a small claer bottle the liquid is gold/yellow it might be owrth buying ( at most auto parts stores )

I'll have to check that stuff out..always like to try different products:smileup:

LadyRam 06-22-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erik108 (Post 64723)

many thanks! :smileup: :smileup:
We only have a small handfull of stores here; auto value, napa and O'Reileys.
Hopefully one of these has it.

chithead 06-23-2009 09:01 AM

I love that Meguiar's stuff.