DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Need Exhaust Suggestions (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=39914)

Lil Azn Dave 06-24-2009 10:57 AM

Need Exhaust Suggestions

I'm new to this whole Dodge stuff because I was a Chevrolet owners for my past trucks. But not I'm running a 2007 Dodge Ram Big Horn.

I'm looking towards putting a new exhaust on my Ram. I ran straight dual pipes on my Chevy but I'm not sure if I want to go that route with the new truck. Does anyone in here do it? If so, do you have a video?

What are some other options? I want it to sound deep but loud, but also mean. Not looking to spend a lot of cash on these though. Videos are much appreciated, thanks!

chithead 06-24-2009 12:35 PM

Here comes the Flowmasters... lots of people run them on the Dodges and are pretty happy. They have a tad bit too much drone in the cab for myself. Got a few Magnaflow people around here too, they like the deep tone but some people think they are too quiet. You could always run a Magnaflow turned out in front of the rear tire for that muscle truck sound.

scootr68 06-24-2009 04:22 PM

I run a Summit Racing Muffler pn# SUM-638270. It's a single in / dual outlet...has a nice deep rumble and sounds mad as hell when you stomp on it. Best of all it cost me a whopping $28.95 for the muffler. I had the oem system cut out, the muffler installed and had custom bent tailpipes. I've used their mufflers before and would put them against any Flowmaster or Magnaflow out there...and better yet, no drone!

chithead 06-24-2009 04:34 PM

Now that is a great suggestion! I looked at the Summit offerings, but wasn't sure if it would be good for our trucks. A friend of mine ran them on his 70 Chevy truck and was happy with the performance.

scootr68 06-24-2009 05:25 PM

I can definitely assure you that they work awesome on our trucks!

RAMROD5 06-26-2009 10:04 PM

for what you described, gibson super truck and no other will compare. sounds fricken mean and can be had for around 350 beans. plus the exhaust exiting in front of the rear tire is sexy looking.

06DodgeRam 06-26-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Azn Dave (Post 65584)
I'm new to this whole Dodge stuff because I was a Chevrolet owners for my past trucks. But not I'm running a 2007 Dodge Ram Big Horn.

I'm looking towards putting a new exhaust on my Ram. I ran straight dual pipes on my Chevy but I'm not sure if I want to go that route with the new truck. Does anyone in here do it? If so, do you have a video?

What are some other options? I want it to sound deep but loud, but also mean. Not looking to spend a lot of cash on these though. Videos are much appreciated, thanks!

I put straight pipe on mine 45 degrees out the back with 4in slant cut tips and its deep loud and extremely mean i paid 300 for pipe and labor i love it..lil loud in cab but once she's in OD it mellows out so im very happy with it

erm 06-26-2009 11:08 PM

The Summit item is pretty popular. I put on Magnaflow and I like the sound of those!

reefguy89 06-27-2009 11:19 PM

i just got mine today it is flowmaster mufflers with magnaflow rolled tips. Puts out a nice rumble on take off with very little noise in the cab. Got all this for 389

erm 06-28-2009 01:07 AM

Sweet! Glad you like the new system!