DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rail Dusting and Dealer Response..... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=40482)

boostjunkie1 07-22-2009 10:40 PM

Rail Dusting and Dealer Response.....

I took the truck in today for a oil change and to have them look at all the little brown spots that are on my pretty white truck :smiledown:...... I told the service manager what I expected and had no issues with the results. He agreed that I had allot of rail dusting on the high/top areas of the truck. I will be taking the truck in next Tuesday morning and will have to leave it there for a couple days. They are going wet sand the truck down, buff, polish, and wax her up :smileup:...... I will take some before and after pictures of her so we all can see the spots on the hood. I will have to bring up the front chrome bug shield, grill, and bumper.....These all have some spots too....

** The detail guy in the shop said that they see this more often than NOT :smiledown:.... I walked out to another NEW 09 SILVER Ram 1500 and picked out at least 20 different spots in no more than 30 seconds :4-dontknow:...... Why in the heck do they not cover these things up before they leave the factory and get put on a Rail Cart :doh:

You would think it would save allot of money in the long run with warranty work???

chithead 07-23-2009 08:33 AM

Well good! Glad they are willing to work with you in getting that taken care of.

CdnoilRAM 07-23-2009 12:09 PM

that's great that they're willing to do that work for you. Saves a day in the driveway for you, that's for sure.

boostjunkie1 07-23-2009 05:28 PM

YEP......and it is all documented so if I have another issue with the same area of the truck I can fall back on there work........ + I get a hopefully AWESOME exterior detail job on the truck :smileup:

0212353 07-23-2009 06:06 PM

why don't they claybar it? wetsanding and buffing may not be needed at all!

boostjunkie1 07-23-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0212353 (Post 70197)
why don't they claybar it? wetsanding and buffing may not be needed at all!

Well....they are going to clay bar it before they wet sand it to remove the iron particles.....I was told that if they do not wet sand it there is a chance the clay bar will not get 100% of the debris out and they want it all out before they apply the polish, buffer, and wax to it :4-dontknow:........ We will see next week. I will talk with the body-shop manager and see what he thinks about it again.

0212353 07-23-2009 06:36 PM

I have clayed a LOT of cars in my time - I was a porter at a dealership and we were contracted to clay about 300 cars one month.......yeah, 1 month. All the cars had metal shavings in them. If clay can get that out - it will get rail dust out.

Hell, my white 08 is free and clear of that stuff! clay works man. I wouldn't wetsand unless it was ABSOLUTELY needed.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 07-23-2009 06:36 PM

Well it looks like their going to try and correct the problem . It should of been picked up by their detail guy before it was delivered to ya .

boostjunkie1 07-23-2009 08:31 PM

Well they would have detailed it but I got in the truck 2 hours after the truck dropped it off :) ....... I was at the dealer the day before and he did not have what I was looking for. Next day = Poof.......Truck I wanted :) ...... I did not give them time to detail it that day. I did take it back and had them clean it up real good but in 1 hour they did not have enough time to clay and wax it.

0212353 08-01-2009 02:32 PM

they fix it for you?