DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (
-   -   Tail Gate Caps (

tommyrutledge 07-26-2009 04:10 PM

Tail Gate Caps
I apologize in advance if this should have been posted in a different spot!

I just purchased a 2007 Ram 1500 Single Cab and love it. I bought it used (obviously), and the Tail Gate Cap is busted up and I would like to replace it. Before I purchase one, I was hoping someone could help me out by answering a rather stupid question.

The tail gate cap has a "wing" shape to it, and I'd like to get something that hugs the cap a bit more. The current (I assume stock) cap has some screws on the exterior peice, and it seems all the ones I see online are bonded via "tape"; that does not concern me. My question is :

Will these aftermarket caps cover these screw holes?

The aftermarkt caps do not state they will, and I was hoping someone here can point me towards a properly fitting, high quality, screw hole covering tail gate cap. I would like to have black (not stainless), and am otherwise not picky. There are lots of choices, but its tough to narrow these down based on internet pictures. Thanks in advance for the help.

erm 07-26-2009 05:24 PM

Just measure the depth dimension on the side where the screws are. Then find one you like, call the manufacturer and ask them for the dimensions. If it's deeper/taller than the dimension to the screws, yer golden. If not, keep looking.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright a Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger