DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Why???? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=40694)

erm 08-02-2009 08:20 PM

Why????

I've been parking my Dodge Ram around the corner from the house for some time as I've been working on a project which entails modifying a 2007 Charger for a local club member who's been serving overseas in Iraq. His name is Todd. We are done with the project and he comes home this Wednesday. He has no idea we've been enhancing his car.

We have:

Upgraded the suspension with coilovers and SRT swaybars.
Upgraded the audio with a Boston Acoustics amp & speakers, a Kicker sub and an amp.
Upgraded his headlights.
Put in a Cold Air Intake.
Got his windows tinted.
Got him a DiabloSport Predator and a full dyno CMR tune.

Today, we detailed Todd's car at a buddy's house and I left it there for the reveal in a few days when Todd gets home.

So another buddy, who helped with the detail, gives me a ride home, I go to get the truck and...

It's Been Egged!!! :mad:

The temperatures have been above 95 up to a high of 105 over the past couple of weeks. I have no idea when this happened but it was long enough ago, with the hot weather, to **** up my clearcoat.

Why???? I don't understand this behavior.

Well, I been wanting a paint job (the clearcoat is starting to come up off the hood) and a Ram Sport front fascia, fogs and grill so I guess now's the time.

But I still wonder why people do this shit.

BlueJet 08-02-2009 08:26 PM

Oh no!! What a horrible thing to happen while you are trying to do something nice! I am so sorry to hear that :(

Will you have to repaint the whole truck now?

erm 08-02-2009 08:30 PM

Most of the front end and driver's side door, darlin'. The hood needed painting too but I wasn't really planning on doing the hood plus a fender and a door too!

Sparky 08-02-2009 09:44 PM

No body has any respect anymore. Sorry to hear that Maddog.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 08-03-2009 12:34 AM

I have issues from time to time with vandalism on my vehicles . I went out and bought a night vision camera with monitor . Just have to get of my a_ _ and hook it up . So if there's a next time , I'll know who's a_ _ to go kick .

CajunDodge 08-03-2009 01:35 AM

Good idea ^^^^, and not something I haven't thought about before, but for other reasons. That really sucks, MADDOG! Chances are they just have too much time on their hands or just drive a POS that makes them jealous! Any way you slice it, they're just hooligans :( Hope you get it fixed soon!

LYC79 08-03-2009 06:35 AM

This sucks ... :shakehead: Sorry for your truck

chithead 08-03-2009 08:15 AM

Dang I am sorry to hear this. Especially not knowing who it was. Everyone gets theirs though, I am a firm believer in that.

CdnoilRAM 08-03-2009 08:05 PM

That's awful. I can't stand people that do that to things that people put so much time into. Cudos for fixin' up your buddy's ride though.

I feel you pain, I just had my passenger side keyed from the front fender to the read door of the QC. Called the insurance (thank god for comprehensive) totalled 2K to fix everything.

BlueJet 08-03-2009 10:48 PM

So have you had the time to assess the extend of the damage and what it will cost to fix it? Have you bought that high powered assault rifle to pick off the riff raff?!