DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   5.2L V8 Specific Topics (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   '01 1500 Tranny question, Please Help! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=41381)

krewshal 09-01-2009 10:05 PM

'01 1500 Tranny question, Please Help!

I really hope someone can help me with my tranny issues! I have a '01 1500 4x4 with a 5.2. I don't know the transmission type but it is stock for my model. All of a sudden my truck stopped shifting out of first. I changed the filter and fluid. The filter had no debris in it and the fluid was very dirty but not burt. I also put lucas in it. I can get it to shift into third if I really jam on it and skip second. I took it to a shop and they said second gear was gone and wanted $1500 to rebuild. Then last night all of a sudden my check engine light came on and my truck was shifting perfectly! So second gear is still there because it worked last night. Today my truck is back to not shifting into second. The code is P1757 and also P1762 which have to do with the governer pressure sensor. Could my problem just be that sensor?? If so are they hard to replace? Expensive? Please shed some light on this for me, anybody!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 09-02-2009 12:38 AM

Would recommend going to a reputable rans shop that you can trust . I know their far and few between . If you were here in Md. could recommend you to a great shop . Have sent alot of work to them .

deanthecrabman 09-03-2009 08:22 PM

Make sure that your throttle pressure cable is connected. Mine was left off after a rebuild, caused slip shifting in 1 and 2. 1 and 2 are controlled by the pressure cable, 3 and OD are computer controlled( as explained to me).

boostjunkie1 09-03-2009 09:19 PM

I would replace the Gov-Press solenoid and the valve body. Flush the tranny and put some AMSOIL ATF in there......... You say that it had some debris though???? Metal? If allot of Metal was in there you need to put all that money into a Performance Tranny for $2,000 and you will never have to worry about your tranny again.- - - Oh and you have the 47re Auto..... 3spd w-o/d

krewshal 09-04-2009 12:24 PM

Thank you all for your responces. I will let you know how it works out for me I should be working on it this weekend

Warfield619 03-08-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krewshal (Post 77941)
I really hope someone can help me with my tranny issues! I have a '01 1500 4x4 with a 5.2. I don't know the transmission type but it is stock for my model. All of a sudden my truck stopped shifting out of first. I changed the filter and fluid. The filter had no debris in it and the fluid was very dirty but not burt. I also put lucas in it. I can get it to shift into third if I really jam on it and skip second. I took it to a shop and they said second gear was gone and wanted $1500 to rebuild. Then last night all of a sudden my check engine light came on and my truck was shifting perfectly! So second gear is still there because it worked last night. Today my truck is back to not shifting into second. The code is P1757 and also P1762 which have to do with the governer pressure sensor. Could my problem just be that sensor?? If so are they hard to replace? Expensive? Please shed some light on this for me, anybody!

If you find the problem please let me know. My 2001 1500 4x2 is doing the samething yours is but I dont have any codes. And seems like every shop u talk to just says rebuild $2k.

Mopar Man23 12-11-2012 09:01 PM

Hey y'all I got a when I get into the throttle my truck does fine then all the sudden it feels like its slips in neutral or something and the just falls on its face and the when I let of the throttle it seems fine it only does it when I really get into idk what it is somebody please help me out