DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Torque Thrust D wheels (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=41574)

RumbleBee08 09-09-2009 09:49 AM

Torque Thrust D wheels

Hey Gang,

Be gentle, I'm new to the truck world. I'm going to start outfitting my 08 Ram 1500 regular cab-short bed with some mods and one I'd like to do is ditch the factory 17" aluminum wheels it has for a set a wheels that looks like the Torque Thrust D wheels. 5 spokes, gray centers. Love the look of those wheels!!!:smiley_thumbs_up:

My question is in regards to the differences between truck wheels and car wheels. Are there any? Are they rated for higher loads, weight, stress or anything else? In other words, if I get the bolt pattern and back spacing correct, can I just get a set of TTDs and bolt them up? Or is there a structual issue going on here. I also plan a 2" shackle lowering kit in the back to level things out a bit and only occasionally haul stuff in the back.

Anyone have any pics of some Rams with that style wheel on them? My Ram is PB5 and I want those wheels! Thanks guys.

Cheers :beerchug:

chithead 09-09-2009 11:44 AM

I would contact American Racing and just make sure. Can't see where it would make a difference since Dodge uses aluminum wheels, but there is always that chance the truck will haul something a bit heavy. Never hurts to double check.

GregInAtl 09-09-2009 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at the Boss 338, I have seen them on many GM trucks, and full size cars. I personally have them on my Grand National. See pic below, I think they look as good or better than the AR wheel, and are cheaper. Look at jdwheels.com for more info.

chithead 09-09-2009 12:34 PM

Dude, those are SWEET!!!

Checked out their website, $190 each for 20" wheels? That is awesome. You could stagger a set of the 20x8.5 in front, and 20x10 ($206) in the back for one AWESOME look. Got the wheels in my head spinning now (no pun intended).

dodgeman70592 09-09-2009 12:42 PM

Oh my, how I would love to have a GN *sighs*

RumbleBee08 09-09-2009 01:10 PM

That's the nail being hit on the head by GreginATL!!!!:Wow1: Poifect-o! I actually like the Rocket better, but they only have it in 17s. I'd like a little bigger at 18x8. Thanks for that link. EXCATLY what I'm looking for....

Cheers:beerchug:

Dave

GregInAtl 09-09-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 79670)
Dude, those are SWEET!!!

Checked out their website, $190 each for 20" wheels? That is awesome. You could stagger a set of the 20x8.5 in front, and 20x10 ($206) in the back for one AWESOME look. Got the wheels in my head spinning now (no pun intended).

Look at my Buick, that's what I have....SICK look w/ staggered lips!!

chithead 09-10-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregInAtl (Post 79752)
Look at my Buick, that's what I have....SICK look w/ staggered lips!!

I definitely agree. Would love to do this on my Ram, especially with the Inferno Red paint.

Subhunter 07-02-2011 03:44 PM

I think the Boss 338's look great. Was getting ready to get a pair of 8 and 10"ers for my 2011 until I found out they don't make them with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern and don't want to use adaptors. Totally bummed. Finding a set of wheels for this thing that I like in 20"ers is tough.. Still looking.

GregInAtl 07-02-2011 06:25 PM

I ran the adapters on the GN to get the BS correct with it so low. Unfortunately, as I write this the GN is being put back to stock to be sold... sucks...but I'm a single dad and my son comes first. Maybe some the proceeds will at least get me the SRT wheels I want for my truck.
Dont let adapters scare you too bad, if you get billet they are tough, I was launching w/ 475 hp and doing 60 mph rolling burn outs on mine.