DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Edge Tuner?? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=41640)

Ultimateride14 09-12-2009 12:50 AM

Edge Tuner??

I just got my 07 Ram Hemi QC 4x4 last week and of course i want to start working on it. So I love the power out of the truck and i already want more. But i'm not into extreme customizing of the Diablo's capabilities. Anyone running the edge chip and any comments Good/bad? I've heard nothing bad so far from reviews and such but i'd rather have your comments. Thanks!!!

I've owned two dodge's in the past and loved them. Went to a GMC Sierra for 2 years.. DUMPED money into it since it broke all the time, traded it in for this and i never looked back. I am now for sure DODGE FOR LIFE!

CdnoilRAM 09-12-2009 11:50 AM

Well, I swear by the predator. I have since done more mods to it that needed more in-depth tunes, but when I first got it, the 89 octane tune was great for the power boost and mileage returns.

When looking for tuners, my choices were between the predator and the Edge as my father has the Edge juice on his cummins and loved it. best reviews put the predator ahead just as a basic tuner.

chefred112 09-12-2009 12:03 PM

if you don't want to go as far as the predator...at least do the superchips 3865, they are doing some amazing stuff right now. The edge is ok but has limited options...

Toms Blue Ram 1500 09-12-2009 12:12 PM

Think the Predator is your best choice . You have a rather large group of people here who could help you with any question or problems you could have .

MOTORHEAD816 09-14-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultimateride14 (Post 80237)
I just got my 07 Ram Hemi QC 4x4 last week and of course i want to start working on it. So I love the power out of the truck and i already want more. But i'm not into extreme customizing of the Diablo's capabilities. Anyone running the edge chip and any comments Good/bad? I've heard nothing bad so far from reviews and such but i'd rather have your comments. Thanks!!!

I've owned two dodge's in the past and loved them. Went to a GMC Sierra for 2 years.. DUMPED money into it since it broke all the time, traded it in for this and i never looked back. I am now for sure DODGE FOR LIFE!

i just installed the bullydog gt tuner gauge and love it

Bean 09-17-2009 06:03 PM

edge

i just got the edge evoulation and i love it, its a great choice

Ultimateride14 09-17-2009 07:14 PM

Thanks guys for the input. I'm still working on getting it all planned out. But i've only owned the truck for two weeks. I have already cut the resonator off and put in a straight pipe in place of it. Turned out nice and is a bit louder.