DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Another wonderful day in Baltimore . (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=41844)

Toms Blue Ram 1500 09-17-2009 09:10 PM

Another wonderful day in Baltimore .

My neighbor is a city policeman , and was called to this incident . Said in his 18 years of being on the force this is the most gruesome site he has ever seen . http://wjz.com/video/?id=60656@wjz.dayport.com

300 Addict 09-17-2009 09:19 PM

That's a terrible incident. I wouldn't want to have to go into a crime scene like that. Hats off to law enforcement.

BlueJet 09-17-2009 09:29 PM

I bet it was gruesome! The guy was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be and a resident was protecting his property, 'nuff said! Why should he be punished?? Doesn't make sense...

CHILLZ HEMI 09-17-2009 10:06 PM

as having knowledge and experience from being an MA,(totally not comparable to law enforcement, im aware of that), but excessive force is quite possible...did the intruder really try to attack him??? Or, did he try to run away as soon as he saw that big a$$ sword??? Did the student provoke the incident and attack the intruder??? You can not attack an intruder, even though it is your property, if they are trying to escape...Im not sure what happend, and only the police up there know really....But for the students sake, I hope the intruder was trying to kill him, for him to choose to use a sword and kill the intruder...because if not, he may be facing some prison time....

BlueJet 09-17-2009 10:07 PM

But the intruder was intruding!! What happened to our rights??

strang3majik 09-18-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 82259)

exactly...someone intrudes my house...and I'm awake and there, they'll get a warning, then, they'll get shot...simple as that.

Also...my dad was a Baltimore County Cop...and yes, he's seen some gruesome stuff around there. Now he's Charlotte County FL Deputy and its like being security at a country club in comparison :p

CHILLZ HEMI 09-18-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 82259)

you have the right to defend yourself and your home, if the intruder is acting out violently towards you in a way that you see will harm you, or possibly kill you...you can not just start poppin shots at somebody, you have to examine the situation(QUICKLY)...does he have a weapon??? if he does, and its not pointed at you, tell him to put that MF down, along with anything else they have of yours...instruct them to get the fudge out, or restrain him(correctly) and call the cops(if not done so already)...however, if it is pointed at you, and you feel you have a clear shot(be aware of your surroundings), you do have the right to kill the intruder because you felt your own life, and the life of others(if any in the household), were in danger....and thats if he has a weapon such as a knife or gun...if he is some broke intruder with no weapon, just bare knuckles, you can instuct him what to do with a gun, but I would not shoot unless acted upon once again, because you have the upper hand in level of force...You always want to use one step of force above what an attacker has(if possible)...

chithead 09-18-2009 09:06 AM

Agreed, they just debated that here. If you arrive at your house, and it is being robbed, you cannot act in defense of YOUR home. You must call the police and let them handle it. If you are carrying a weapon, and defend YOUR home, it is murder. Now if you are at home already, and they break in, it is exactly how Chill described. You must prove without a shadow of a doubt that they were about to attack or shoot you before any kind of action can be committed against them.

Complete and utter bullchit.

And the lady saying "my baby didn't deserve that" blah blah blah. Her son had a choice and obviously made a bad one. Any choice is subject to consequences.

Kudos to Samarai Jack if he can prove it was 100% self defense.

CHILLZ HEMI 09-18-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 82335)
Agreed, they just debated that here. If you arrive at your house, and it is being robbed, you cannot act in defense of YOUR home. You must call the police and let them handle it. If you are carrying a weapon, and defend YOUR home, it is murder. Now if you are at home already, and they break in, it is exactly how Chill described. You must prove without a shadow of a doubt that they were about to attack or shoot you before any kind of action can be committed against them.

Complete and utter bullchit.

And the lady saying "my baby didn't deserve that" blah blah blah. Her son had a choice and obviously made a bad one. Any choice is subject to consequences.

Kudos to Samarai Jack if he can prove it was 100% self defense.

Totally agree to "Samarai Jack" comment...:smileup: If that was the last line of defense for him...Although I would have hated to have seen the destruction:str: And, yeah...the intruder sounds like he was a grown man...His sister did reflect that he had no buisness being there in somebody elses home...She needs to realize that he could have attempted something that got him killed also, and not just assume that he was killed by excessive force...

pwrwgnman 09-18-2009 11:03 AM

Hats off to the student, the crook broke in and no tellin exactly what happened, If the crook had been at home or working he wouldnt have been breaking in if he was OBEYING the laws like most of the rest of society he would be gettin his sister a dentist instead HE CHOSE to violate someone elses property,
In the report it says there have been several breakins in the neighborhood, I bet money they slow down now....I for one am sick and tired of the criminals having all the rights,
I really dont care whether or not the CROOK attacked the dude or not, he broke the law, broke into another persons houseor garage with whatever intent and it cost him his life, criminals are a dime a dozen..no loss
I for one dont trust the cops to do anything around here I have 4 years of documented stuff that a neighbor did here to my family and several others in the neighborhood, and guess what his best buddy was a cop and the sherriff knew it and most of the sherrifs dept knew it.so the dude kept getting off with a warning.( he was a convicted felon from Illinois and had a 2 inch thick stack of charges and things he had been accused of or convicted of one was for beating a 12 year old boy to death with a chunk of wood)
I had horses killed and my barn burnt to the ground and the guy didnt even get a night in jail.
Ya oughtta hear my conversations with the fraternal order of police and the hiway patrol and the sheriffs office when they call for "donations" lmao
I have no patience nor pity for a crook!