I'm missin something...
Me and my dad both bought 05 Ram 4.7s. Both are 2wd, Quad cab Automatic trans. We drive the same area each day and in the same traffic. He averages 16.4, I avg 14.4. The ONLY difference between the trucks is I have a flowmaster on mine......it was on his and he hated the noise so we swapped. I noticed a small loss, he saw no gain switching to OEM however.
What am I missing?!
Is there diff rear end options?
Looks to me, just a shot in the dark, here, but the only similarity missing, is your STYLE of driving vs. that of your dad. Is one of you heavier on the gas?
- Cajun :pepper:
I am gonna check the air filter and some of the tune up items, maybe its just not running at 100%?!
Way to many variables to consider:
Here's a few things you can do:
1. Is your gas cap secure? If your vehicle's gas cap does not fit snugly, you may be losing fuel.
2. Is your tire pressure correct?
3. Is your Air Filter clean?
4. Idling for any length of time wastes about a quart of gas every 15 minutes.
5. Try to keep your RPM's at or below 2000 while driving.
6. Do you carry alot of weight in your bed? 200 pounds of junk will reduce your mileage by one mile per gallon.
7. When was your last tune-up? A poorly maintained vehicle can reduce your MPG's by 15% or more.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger