DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Exhaust (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Yet Another Exhaust Question.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=42236)

smartel 10-01-2009 04:12 PM

Yet Another Exhaust Question....

I would like to find an exhaust that sounds loader than the stock duals but without the in cab noise. I have a 3 year old daughter, who didn't like how loud the in-cab noise was on my 05 QC. I had Flomaster 40 series (I think) on it and to me wasn't loud in the cab, but to my wife and child, it was.

So does anyone know what to install to give a good rumble that isn't loud in the cab???

chithead 10-01-2009 04:23 PM

Magnaflow... or Borla. Even Dynomax has a nice rumble without the interior drone.

smartel 10-01-2009 04:29 PM

Thanks! Any particular part #?

smartel 10-01-2009 04:30 PM

Cat-Back or does it replace the stock coffe can?

chithead 10-01-2009 04:59 PM

Cat-backs are nice. If you replace just the muffler without doing the whole tailpipe, you won't notice much of an improvement in sound. There is a resonator towards the back that drowns out the drone. If on a super budget, I would replace the muffler, then see about getting new tailpipe(s) bent up for it at the local muffler shop.

I got all excited about just replacing the stock muffler on mine, until research uncovered the resonator dilemma...

1970 Charger 10-02-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartel (Post 86146)
I would like to find an exhaust that sounds loader than the stock duals but without the in cab noise. I have a 3 year old daughter, who didn't like how loud the in-cab noise was on my 05 QC. I had Flomaster 40 series (I think) on it and to me wasn't loud in the cab, but to my wife and child, it was.

So does anyone know what to install to give a good rumble that isn't loud in the cab???

Personally, I like the Corsa. It has a nice sound and provides good horsepower without any drone. Plus they have very nice heavy duty polished Stainless Steel tips. They are the same company that makes the exhaust for Mopar, they have the baffles set up a little different for the tone. The tone is almost undistiguishable from the Corsa, the Mopar engineers changed the design of the baffles, and Corsa lazer etches the tips to say Mopar instead of Corsa.
http://www.corsaperf.com/

Corsa is the exhaust I am installing on my Ram. My Challengers also have the Corsa exhaust.

SpeedlogiX-Mikey 10-02-2009 03:48 PM

The borla's should be able to give you what your looking for, there's a couple different systems though and you just need to cross check it with your vin #

Borla for 09 Ram Link

the only thing with Corsa is i don't think they have system for the 09+ rams yet?

1970 Charger 10-02-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curt@BMCPerformance (Post 86554)
The borla's should be able to give you what your looking for, there's a couple different systems though and you just need to cross check it with your vin #

Borla for 09 Ram Link

the only thing with Corsa is i don't think they have system for the 09+ rams yet?

When I called Corsa, they said it should be available in a couple of weeks - I hope they are right.

1970 Charger 10-02-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1970 Charger (Post 86576)
When I called Corsa, they said it should be available in a couple of weeks - I hope they are right.

I just called Corsa, they will take orders for the exhaust on the 09 Ram Hemi next Tuesday 10/06/09. They are selling it under a new product line called DB. List is 899.00

USMCRONIN1 10-03-2009 05:10 PM

I was looking at the Corsa site after seeing 1970 Charger mention it, and the ONLY thing that is stopping me from thinking about purchasing it, is that they only have it as a side exit system, i'm not a fan of that. I prefer the DOR setups.....