DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums & Owners Club! - Ram Truck Forum (
-   Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum (
-   -   Dent (

svhssoccer09 10-03-2009 06:29 PM

Hey, so I have a 07 1500 sport trim, and a couple of months ago got into a smalle fender bender. Well I now have a medium size dent in my plastic front bumper. The dent in circular and about 3-4 in circumfrence. Any suggestions on how to get it out. Other than the obvious of using a hammer and wood and other small tools.

CajunDodge 10-03-2009 11:31 PM

They have a dent puller with a rubber suction cup that is fine for that, and won't mess up the finish. It should just pop right out. You can find them at your local auto parts store in the auto/body section. Good luck! :)

- Cajun :pepper:

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-03-2009 11:35 PM

I have seen a friend of mine who is a bodyman , use a heat gun . That will bring the rubber back to it's original shape .

CdnoilRAM 10-04-2009 01:28 PM

If it's just a small pock in the plastic and it's not broken, then you can use the heat gun and it will return back to it's original shape. If it's not popping back out whith the heat, when it's warmed up, use a hammer and tap it out from behind just to get it to release from it's current shape.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.