DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Brake squeak (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=42740)

beaglelee 10-15-2009 08:01 PM

Brake squeak

hey got a 09 QC 4x4 and when you apply the brakes to slow down not hammering them on you hear a squeal like the squealers are touching the rotors but i know that is not it truck only got 7500 km on it and the truck has been to the dealer twice already for it and going back again tomorrow ....now its my turn to deal with the dealership not to impressed last try for them ,then too another dealer just wondering if other people are having this problem or had this problem

CHILLZ HEMI 10-15-2009 08:09 PM

it could be just a little dirt between the pads and rotors....Everything else should be negated because its a brand new truck...But, i would go with that for now, and have the dealer look at them, do an eval and clean them up....

beaglelee 10-16-2009 10:28 AM

its been to the dealer twice already and going back today

CHILLZ HEMI 10-16-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaglelee (Post 91738)
its been to the dealer twice already and going back today

yeah, well get the to do an eval and clean off the rotors and make sure the pads are not glazed...And they should make sure the backing plate is on the back of the pad too, cuz that could also cause issues....

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-16-2009 08:52 PM

Brake squeal is a common problem . Being a mechanic for almost 30 years there are different things you can do to try and prevent that annoying noise . My own vehicles have had a squeal from time to time and I do my little trick and it stops . See what they do for ya and let us know how you make out . If you're mechanically inclined and want to try and fix it yourself let me know and I can give you some tips . Tom

blownengine 10-17-2009 01:09 PM

My moms saturn had HORRIBLE brake squeal in the mornings. We were told it was because overnight a little rust would form on the rotors. But after a couple of brakings the squeaking stopped.

beaglelee 10-22-2009 09:37 PM

well the dealer is going to put new front pads oon the called dodge canada and they said just fix it so back to the shop again for new brake pads

RAM SPORT CREW 07-24-2012 09:58 PM

my 2012 does the exact same thing. annoying as hell, and dealer seems to be useless. $50,000 truck and brakes squeal like a ducking pig!

96 V10 08-04-2012 06:56 PM

If you makes you feel any better my 96 does it and has since new according to the previous owner. It is very annoying though.

gonefishin776 08-09-2012 11:26 AM

Brought my 07 home from the dealership and the brakes started squeaking after about a week. I just sucked it up and changed the pads and its fine now. Plus now I know I have brand new pads that will last me instead of who knows what the dealer put on or previous owner.