DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Public Safety (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   A Round of Introductions PLZ (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=42789)

J1M 10-17-2009 08:07 PM

A Round of Introductions PLZ

Howdy,

I noticed that there was no topic thread in this area so i thought i would start by opening one consisting of introductions!

Currently i am enlisted as an MP K-9 Handler providing support in any type of Bomb threat for Fort Huachuca, or the local cities surrounding it. i have been in active duty since 2001 completed 3 tours of duty to iraq and am looking to make a future move to Fort leanard wood, Mo. looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Jim

CdnoilRAM 10-18-2009 12:08 AM

While mine isn't as exciting as an MP, or any other sort of law enforcement, I'm an industrial rescuer in the Alberta oilfields and specialize in high angle, confined space, and toxic atmosphere rescue stand-by. We also dabble in sour well fire fighting and plant safety. Been doing this for 3 years with several successful rescues and no fatalities to date *knock on wood*

Kurtis

J1M 10-18-2009 07:44 PM

that still sounds pretty cool! how long have you been in the oil industry or are you specifically for emergency response and rescues? which is even cooler not many ppl would have the opportunity to say they specialize in specific types of rescues!

CdnoilRAM 10-18-2009 09:09 PM

Started on the drilling rigs back in the boom of '05 and after a few years and watching a few too many accidents decided safety would be the way to go. Should've heard the jeers I got from my geologist of a father... he's old school of get 'er dun! I've been specialized for about 3 years and work all over western Canada and we may even being picking up a plant or 2 in texas next year. I like the specialty as we're not just jack-of-all-trades, but can get very good at our specific. We've even worked with some of the local fire high angle rescuers just to get other ideas on either side of the fence.

ramit04 10-19-2009 01:22 AM

im going to college for criminal justice right now haha im in the process of becoming a cop!

bones64 10-21-2009 01:57 PM

Introduction

Hello everyone. Im not in the fire,ems or law inforcement. I work side by side with orthopedic surgens and our Emergency Dept at our local hospital. I deal with traumas in the E.R and day to day Orthopedic conditions in our clinics.Educating the public regarding safety, health and treatment with orthopedic problems. I try and get out to the public schools as well to try and teach kids about safety. My cast saw usually getts there attention when i turn it on. Not to mention hip/knee prostethesis , rods and pins to hold your bones together. The last time i went all the kids in one setting approx 45 all wanted a cast to take home,,,,, That was tiresome but rewarding at the same time. I hope all of this fits into this. Thanks Edd:wavey:

deanthecrabman 10-21-2009 03:56 PM

I'm not in fire or EMS, but I do work for a Pediatric/Neonatal critical care transport team. We move kids and neonates from other hospitals where they can't handle them, and bring them back to our ICU's. We have 3 ambulances specially designed for us, and we also use rotor and fixed wing.

J1M 10-24-2009 03:19 PM

Oustanding!

I think thats awesome guys. The best thing about public safety is we all contribute some part to the well being of this great country! with out one we fail in the other. I think its time we share some our stories in the field of our profession! let them start rollin!

:smileup:

03 Hemi 11-06-2009 01:35 AM

Howdy,

I was a firefighter and an EMT for 12 years. I now currently work in the communication center for and aeromedical program in Pittsburgh.

RLRambler 11-08-2009 09:06 PM

I was a memeber of The St.John Ambulance Brigade(a volunteer First Aid set up in Britain) in my youth.
I was a member of the SafetyComittee for several years for Kimberly-Clark(also in Britain), heading up the Confined Space Rescue Squad.I was sent on several courses with different County Professional Fire Brigades for Fire Prevention and Suppression.
I moved to the States in 2000 and joined my local Volunteer Fire Department, rising to First Assistant Chief, which I held for 7 years. I had to step down to non-active member this year owing to bad knees(A result of being heavily into sports in my youth)!