DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Finally got around to an introduction... a month later (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=43105)

Dan 10-26-2009 01:06 AM

Finally got around to an introduction... a month later

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody. Not exactly new- been posting for about a month, but I never really introduced myself here. Also just washed my truck, finally got some pictures of it, and this seems like the best place to post them.

Anyway, I'm Dan. I live in MD, bout half way between Baltimore and DC. Just bought my 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie about 3 months ago (July).

Pics are posted below. Everything on the truck is stock except for the predator tune and the wiring for the lighted hitch plug. Spliced it underneath so I didn't have to run the wire around the bumper to the plug.

CajunDodge 10-26-2009 01:12 AM

Well great intro, there Dan, what a beautiful truck you have!!! :rep: for the pics, and at least we got to see her on a clean day, lol! :) Seriously man, sweet lookin' ride! How do you like the RamBox? I sure wish they had thought of that a year earlier!!!

- Cajun :pepper:

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-26-2009 01:13 AM

Great to have ya here . Truck looks great . Any mods under the hood planned ? Where you live ? I live in Dundalk but use to live in Jessup right off 295 . If you have any questions about the sight or just in general feel free to ask away . If you have any other Ram buddies , tell them about us . Would love to have them . The more the merrier . Talk to ya soon . Tom

Incognito 10-26-2009 01:26 AM

Damn! That is nice! With a 390HP Hemi one would question as to why you'd need more power, but hey, it's like sex. You simply can't have enough. :)

So how do you like that new Rambox with the side storage? I know GM had those on their Avalanche and Escalade but how's the roominess of the bed? It looks like it dropped quite a bit. You can still fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back?

erm 10-26-2009 01:37 AM

Nice lookin' truck, Dan!

Dan 10-26-2009 01:51 AM

The Rambox is fantastic- it was a big selling point for me on the truck. They've come in quite handy as built in coolers a couple times already, and it's a convenient place to store my ratchet straps and such. I can still fit a 4 foot wide sheet of plywood flat in the bed- a little tight, but it definitely fits. A full 4x8 sheet would require the tailgate to be down, and there'd be some overhang, but it wouldn't be much of a pain at all.

No performance mods planned beyond the predator right now. I might try to get a better flowing drop in air filter, or maybe a full intake, but I'd kind of like to keep that lifetime powertrain warranty going as long as I can. I'm planning on driving this thing more or less until the wheels fall off, and I'd imagine that sometime before that happens, the temptation to put headers and a performance exhaust on it will be too much to resist.
I'll most likely get a color matched Line-X bed liner at some point in the not-to-distant future, and maybe one of those hard folding tonneau covers.

And Tom, I'm in the Burtonsville area- not too far from the intersection of Rt 29 and Rt 198

dodgeman70592 10-26-2009 09:36 AM

Welcome to the Z!!! Sweet ride you got there, love the RAMBOX, I could use that for tailgaiting, lol. Give the mod bug some time, once its in your system, you cant get it out. Hope to see ya around, enjoy the board!!

BlueJet 10-26-2009 09:37 AM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Glad you finally said hi! :D Your truck rocks! Congrats! Glad you have been enjoying the board! :smileup:

LYC79 10-26-2009 12:21 PM

Thanks for introducing yourself Dan!
Nice looking truck! :rep:

chithead 10-26-2009 12:31 PM

Welcome to RamForumZ!!! I like that color :)