DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Aloha From Hawaii (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=43124)

calidude686 10-26-2009 04:56 PM

Aloha From Hawaii

Aloha i just bought my truck last weekend. its a 2009 4X4 SLT Graystone pearl, bought it brown new with 3" Lift 35" ProComp Xtreme all Terrain tires & 20" ProComp Series 7005 Cast-Blast Rims. I just installed the LockPick V.2 yesterday. This is my First truck that i have ever bought and my first "Brand New" vehicle as well. i am currently in the US Air Force's and stationed in hawaii (it's rough here;) ) i am looking forward to working on my new truck. I do have one question though i will be installing a reverse camera soon but i am not sure on where to hide the cables? any suggestions?

Mahalo!

dodgeman70592 10-26-2009 05:01 PM

Welcome to the Z!!! Hawaii huh? Lucky dog...I worked there for a couple months back in 99. Loved it. As for your cable running, your e-brake cable shuold travel through a grommet in the floorboard by the driver seat, I would run along side of that to the back of the truck. Just make sure the wire stays away from sharp edges and heat. Good luck, hope to see ya around!!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-26-2009 05:03 PM

Great to have ya here . Got any pics of your ride ? Got a nice list of mods going already . Might want to check in the 2009 Ram Section . I know there have been postings on the 09s with the rear view cameras . If I find them , I will let you know . If you have any other Ram buddies tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

foxcrazy90 10-26-2009 05:04 PM

welcome!! sounds like a awesome truck,post some pics!!!

chithead 10-26-2009 05:07 PM

Welcome to RamForumZ!!! Cables hidden down the frame!

erm 10-26-2009 05:13 PM

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a really nice truck!

LYC79 10-26-2009 05:58 PM

:wavey: Welcome to the ForumZ Family! Congrats on the new truck, let's see some pics!

BlueJet 10-26-2009 09:58 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Congrats on the truck and for joining us! We will need pictures....of your truck and your beautiful surroundings!!! :D Any mods planned?
I hope you enjoy the board!!

CdnoilRAM 10-26-2009 10:17 PM

Welcome to the Z! sounds like you're kicking off your truck experience on a high note with that lift and tires right off the bat. You can run your wires along the frame rail and just zip-tie it to the frame and bring it up through either the grommet for the wiring harnesses or the e-brake goes through. Also, do you have a locking tailgate? if not, then you can mount the camera right where the lock would go and it gives you great vision and looks almost stock.

mspac 10-27-2009 02:20 AM

Welcome to the ForumZ .We are Glad to have you .