DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Update . (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=43314)

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-31-2009 09:21 AM

Update .

Well as many of you know I have been fighting a Staph infection since March on my right leg . Have been through several rounds of antibiotics . I have been going to the hospital every Thursday morning before going to work for treatment at the wound care center . It has made progress . I have more testing to go through this week . The wound still hasn't healed . Last week when I removed the Coban compression wrap I was amazed at the progress that was made in one week . I was hoping that this weeks visit would of been it . Well I was let down when I cut the wrap off . I knew by what I was looking at that I would have to continue . Big disappointment . So thats it for now , will post some pics when it's all over and healed .

BlueJet 10-31-2009 09:28 AM

Well this is not good news. :(
I am sorry to hear it is still happening! Are you slowly beating it? Is that why it is taking so long to go away?

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-31-2009 09:38 AM

Doctor seems to be happy with it . They keep measuring it every week and they say it's getting smaller . Watch it ! I know what your thinking . Maybe I'm just looking for it to be over . They originally told me it would probably only be 3-4 weeks before it would be healed . It's been at least 6 weeks now .

BlueJet 10-31-2009 09:57 AM

That is really a scary thing! All the meds and even your own body can't fight it off fast enough!

Even though we joke around, I wasn't even thinking like that. I am more concerned for you, this really isn't a laughing matter. I would be happier if it was gone already, as I am sure you would be too!

GPSHSLAX 10-31-2009 10:13 AM

You don't have MRSA do you? At 6 month down the road it sounds like it must be some sort of antibiotic strain.

Best wishing in getting better.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 10-31-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPSHSLAX (Post 98222)
You don't have MRSA do you? At 6 month down the road it sounds like it must be some sort of antibiotic strain.

Best wishing in getting better.

They started treatment right away thinking it may have been Mersa . When the results came back it was a staph infection .

erm 10-31-2009 11:06 AM

Hang in there, Tom!

GPSHSLAX 10-31-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 (Post 98227)
They started treatment right away thinking it may have been Mersa . When the results came back it was a staph infection .

I don't how much difference it ultimately makes since your is clearly not responding easily to treatment. MRSA stand for "methicillin resistant staphyococcus aureus" (i think I spelled that right), so MRSA is in fact staph. Sorry to hear it's such an ordeal. I wish you the best.

foxcrazy90 10-31-2009 12:28 PM

sorry to hear this,hope you get better!

CdnoilRAM 10-31-2009 02:18 PM

Well, get better already then tom! We're all rooting for you, and I know what it's like to go a long time with medical issues, so hang in there.