DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Automotive Industry News and Dodge Press Releases (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Chrysler offers buyouts to 23,000 more employees (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=43358)

1970 Charger 11-01-2009 11:14 AM

Chrysler offers buyouts to 23,000 more employees

Chrysler offers buyouts to 23,000 more employees

October 31st, 2009 by Bill Cawthon

Chrysler Group continues to trim the ranks of hourly employees. The automaker confirmed Friday that buyout and early retirement offers went out to 23,000 workers represented by the United Auto Workers union. The offers include cash, vehicle vouchers and, depending on tenure and location, at least some pension and retirement health benefits. Special offers are being made to employees working at plants scheduled to be closed. Skilled trades and salaried employees represented by the UAW are not eligible for the program. Chyrsler spokeswoman Shawn Morgan declined to say how many employees the company hopes will take the offers by the deadline of November 13 and leave the company voluntarily.

Under the leadership of CEO Sergio Marchionne, the company is getting a top-to-bottom reorganization, but industry analysts say Chrysler may still need to close two more plants. A six-hour presentation scheduled for next Wednesday will detail the company’s plans to return to profitability in two years. It is expected the program will include more efficient manufacturing, better marketing and major changes to the vehicle lineup and organization. Early hints indicate Dodge cars will move to performance-oriented brand, Dodge trucks will become a brand in their own right and Jeep will targeted at increasing international sales. There are conflicting reports on the future of Chrysler itself, with some saying the brand will be the “family car” with a range of vehicles including the only minvan, while others maintain that Marchionne still wants to move the brand upscale

MADDOG 11-01-2009 11:21 AM

Good info. Not unexpected...they have a long ways to go to become profitable.

CdnoilRAM 11-01-2009 04:43 PM

Agreed, just so long as they stay solvent and are able to keep RAMs around ;)

Zekery360 11-01-2009 06:35 PM

As long as I can drive a Ram, or V8 cars like Chargers and Chally's, I am ok. Keeping the Viper would be nice too, they are such pretty cars....

rebel2thegrave 11-02-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekery360 (Post 98836)
As long as I can drive a Ram, or V8 cars like Chargers and Chally's, I am ok. Keeping the Viper would be nice too, they are such pretty cars....

Very true...

As long as I am still alive and kicking I will own a RAM, and maybe a Charger or Challenger somewhere down the line.

CajunDodge 11-02-2009 12:57 AM

Long as I can have my RAM and my Jeep, life is good! :smiley_thumbs_up: Perhaps they should keep the employees and offer the retirement to the UAW??? :)

- Cajun :pepper:

1970 Charger 11-06-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunDodge (Post 99058)
Long as I can have my RAM and my Jeep, life is good! :smiley_thumbs_up: Perhaps they should keep the employees and offer the retirement to the UAW??? :)

- Cajun :pepper:

Is there an SRT8 Jeep in your future???:smileup:

aubstjohn1 08-31-2010 01:35 PM

Ouch I can relate bein in aviation