DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New to RamforumZ (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=43403)

964x4 11-02-2009 12:37 PM

New to RamforumZ

hey just signed up with ram forumz not to long ago and like the site. im 17 and have a 96 dodge ram with over 200000 miles on it so it has quite a few quarks but i think its an overall good truck. it has a good amount of body damage from previouse owners. its lifted 5 inches (3 suspension and 2 body) with 315 tires. it has a 318 which has probably had a tough time with those 200000 but it still runs fairly good. the only thing that i really have to complain about is my steering. i think because it was lifted the colum got stretched to much and is now in a bad angle but im not really sure. when i at high way speeds the wheel is unresponsice i guess in the top right angles is a good way to put it lol, so has any one ever encountered this before or knows what it could be and how to fix it?

chithead 11-02-2009 12:55 PM

Welcome to RamForumZ!!! Do you know if the pitman arm was changed? Sounds like you may also need a steering column extension kit. Glad to have you here!

dodgeman70592 11-02-2009 01:14 PM

Welcome to the Z!!! Daniel amkes a good point, you should look into that. Glad to have ya, enjoy the board!!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-02-2009 03:06 PM

Great to have ya here . Gonna need pics of your ride . My wheel is off also . Seems to happen when a vehicle gets lifted . Doesn't really bother me because I know the alignment is fine . Would love to have it perfect . Need to look into other suspension pieces before I worry about that . If you have any other Ram buddies tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

BlueJet 11-02-2009 03:11 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

Congrats on your truck! We are glad you joined us! Hopefully we can help you out with it. Post us some pics, we would love to see it! You going to do any other mods to it? I hope you enjoy the board!

foxcrazy90 11-02-2009 03:39 PM

welcome!!! post some pics!

300 Addict 11-02-2009 03:53 PM

Welcome to RamForumz! Glad you joined us here! Enjoy the site!

LYC79 11-02-2009 06:24 PM

:wavey: Welcome to the ForumZ Family !!! Glad to have you!

CdnoilRAM 11-02-2009 06:28 PM

Welcome to the Z! I don't know much about lifting so I'll let the gurus lay it out. We'd love to see some pics of the truck, even at 200K it's still young so long as you treat her right. Also, don't forget to fill out your UserCP so we can have a quick reference in the future.