DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   What do you think? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=43424)

ScatPak07 11-02-2009 10:35 PM

What do you think?

Hey guys I have just ordered a Gibson exhaust for my 07 hemi. I just wanted to know what you guys have heard of the Gibson exhausts and if they have a sweet sound. I noticed noone really talks about Gibson on thsi forum so thats why this question arose in my head lol

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-02-2009 10:49 PM

Don't know why . Gibson is a good quality exhaust also . Good point . When you do it . post some pics of it .

CdnoilRAM 11-02-2009 10:55 PM

Gibsons make quality exhaust. They're comparable to the Borla and Corsa. Does your kit come with the free-flow resonator/muffler combo to attenuate the MDS drone? I believe that the Gibsons do, just the Borla and Corsa do. I see Gibsons more on the LXs out here than on the rams.

ScatPak07 11-03-2009 10:50 AM

Ill post some pics when I do put the exhaust on. Should be within the next couple weeks

rebel2thegrave 11-03-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScatPak07 (Post 99739)
Ill post some pics when I do put the exhaust on. Should be within the next couple weeks

Maybe some video capturing the exterior and interior sound would be nice as well! And I'm sure someone will definitely throw you some :rep: for that as well!

chefred112 11-03-2009 11:51 AM

..yea, Gibson puts out one of the better quality exhaust systems...

erm 11-03-2009 10:00 PM

Yes, Gibson is an excellent system. One of these days consider adding a set of their headers to your HEMI.

SPi 11-04-2009 12:39 AM

look out!

Guys, I'm the shop that is lucky enough to work with scatpak, and his truck is quickly moving from a nice truck to a very quick and dialed in mopar beast. Scatpak will soon have his exhaust, custom SPi catch can setup, trick tune via SPi and diablosport, full length headers, and we will be working on a ram air system with him over the next few months. Scatpak is a great guy to talk to about mods because as well as being a hard worker and just an all around good guy he is also quite an accomplished racer and his feedback is real and honest.
Anyways, happy to be a new member hear and I look forward to keeping everyone posted on scatpak's mods.

ScatPak07 11-05-2009 08:01 PM

What a nice guy talking all sorts of good things about me haha. Ya I'll definitaley keep you guys posted about anything that I do or think of doing to the truck. Also SPi is the shop owner and good friend of mine that I go to first about any questions regarding anything that has a motor and 4 wheels haha

chefred112 11-05-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPi (Post 100052)
Guys, I'm the shop that is lucky enough to work with scatpak, and his truck is quickly moving from a nice truck to a very quick and dialed in mopar beast. Scatpak will soon have his exhaust, custom SPi catch can setup, trick tune via SPi and diablosport, full length headers, and we will be working on a ram air system with him over the next few months. Scatpak is a great guy to talk to about mods because as well as being a hard worker and just an all around good guy he is also quite an accomplished racer and his feedback is real and honest.
Anyways, happy to be a new member hear and I look forward to keeping everyone posted on scatpak's mods.

cool...we look forward to the friendly competition.... have you guys done any baseline dynos or 1/4's to compare to when you finish?