DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Another moment of silence.... (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=43429)

strang3majik 11-02-2009 11:47 PM

Another moment of silence....

for we have lost another good vehicle to this cash for clunkers, crap of a program our government practiced.

Today, whilst at the local junkyard, I saw a dark green Dodge Ram.

Sad enough as it is, I got closer, and saw the wheels. Hmm...5 spoke aluminum.....
I closed the hood to look upon it....

staring me in the face was "SS/T" written in the stripe.

The truck was dark green with silver stripes, and dark grey interior. A 1997, that was in far better shape then my truck, even. Not to mention the brand new cat back 2.5" dual exhaust with flowmaster mufflers.

The paint was immaculant, the interior looked as though it'd be covered in plastic its whole life...the dash even had only one tiny crack just starting in it. In big letters across the windshield, "C4C."

A tear came to my eye...I still claim it was due to some sand...but, thats because I'm a man.

I truly feel we have had a terrible loss here, and, I am going back tomorrow to salvage all strictly SS/T parts, and anything worthwhile. (wheels, computer, exhaust, seats, fog lights, even the little tag under the carpet.)

I'll post some pics tomorrow as well.

Whoever did that should be nutered as to not allow any reproduction of their thoughtless little minds.

So, mourn the loss...wear black tomorrow, I know I will be.

:sad: :(

BlueJet 11-02-2009 11:48 PM

Bring flowers and be brave tomorrow!

It is a shame how people just don't appreciate what they have!

strang3majik 11-02-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueJet (Post 99622)
Bring flowers and be brave tomorrow!

It is a shame how people just don't appreciate what they have!

haha...

and, yeah...blue book on the SS/Ts is still in the $5xxx range in good condition. This one was immaculant, so, would have definitley brought more than the gov gave them for it.

Oh well...mine just got rarer. :(

At least now, I'll have 3 sets of SS/T wheels :p

BlueJet 11-02-2009 11:54 PM

Poor truck, sitting in a junkyard being unloved.....:sad:

98sst 11-02-2009 11:55 PM

Ridiculous. What part don't the people understand of LIMITED EDITION. As it NEVER made again Lol.

BlueJet 11-02-2009 11:56 PM

Unless we resurrected it!!! :D

98sst 11-02-2009 11:58 PM

Well that depends on how much $ your willing to fork out!

BlueJet 11-03-2009 12:00 AM

I have $3.00 in my pocket! :)

strang3majik 11-03-2009 12:02 AM

I asked them if it could be bought out of the yard. They said, since it was a C4C vehicle, it had 90 days to be crushed, and they're not allowed to sell it.

Maybe I'll just buy the whole thing, piece by piece then. :p

The old Johnny Cash song is ringing in my head now...lol

"I'll get it one piece at a time"

BlueJet 11-03-2009 12:03 AM

What does C4C mean? It is a totaled truck, salvage?