DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Here is some proof.V.H.T worked for me (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44011)

bones64 11-18-2009 05:46 PM

Here is some proof.V.H.T worked for me

Hey all. I recently put out a thread regarding tinting my headlights/taillights. Some of you i guess didnt want to believe me or just wanted more pics of my truck:LOL:. Anyway i used the product VHT tint spray. I found it worked well. I have lots left over enough to reapply if need be....winter.Snow and ice. Priced cheap and great result. Some of you wanted pics to prove it..Why i dont now. I would never tell anyone shit if i cant stand behind what i say. Here are some daytime pics.. you wanted nite as well but i dont know why. At daytime is what i worry about..in regards of seeing my lights.:smileup: First rear no lights 2nd brakes on...3rd front no lights..4th daytime running lights...and last with lights on. I hope this helps. Bones:4-dontknow:

chithead 11-18-2009 06:04 PM

That is awesome!!! I wonder if you can apply that to chrome for a "black chrome" look.

bodog1 11-18-2009 06:10 PM

Looks great dude! Been thinking about doing that too. I wonder if that will pass inspection here in NC

bones64 11-18-2009 06:20 PM

:doh: I was thinking the same sort of thing..Chithead. I was going to try it on the remaining chrome /emblems and stuff. I guess if it dont work it will come off. I screwed up my first cot on the taillight (run) let it dry and came off easy with a s.o.s pad. Im not sure how durable this will be on the headlights..bugs,crap from the road but for the price i can buy 3 cans for the price of covers just for the taillights.:smileup:

CdnoilRAM 11-18-2009 06:25 PM

Just gotta give you a hard time bones ;) I wanted to see some night shots to see how much light the VHT actually blocks and how good the visibility is from the headlights, just curious is all. It looks good, and the light seems pretty good.

bones64 11-18-2009 09:02 PM

Ok ok ok....people. Here are a few pics in the dark without the fogs on. 2 coats on the front heads and 3 on the rear tails. I hope this is good it is at dark. CD no probs man.. Oh yah you still get dinged the brokerage fee even through the mail. AH F&^K:doh:

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-18-2009 09:08 PM

Looks great there bud . I like it .

BlueJet 11-18-2009 09:22 PM

That looks great! :)

Too bad you didn't have a friend here in the States that could have sent it to you as a "gift" to avoid those brokerage fees!! What a racket!!

CdnoilRAM 11-19-2009 04:38 AM

Looks good. Seems to get a good amount of light through so you'll have good illumination at night on the front end.

98RamSport 11-19-2009 11:55 AM

Looks great Bones! The "pics or it didn't happen" is just cause we want to see pics. If you say you did it, I believe you. Got no reason not to.

If I decide to tint my lights I think I'll give VHT a try. After all, it'll come of if I don't like it right?

What's next?