DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Ticking after putting bfi on (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44142)

gabe20 11-21-2009 07:51 PM

Ticking after putting bfi on

Wtf? never did this before with stock intake system. Just put the bfi on and now it ticks. I can hear it inside the engine bay with my head in. I can hear it certain throttle positions when driving also. thought it was something metel hitting the new intake but I don't see anything. Is it just the infamous hemi tick? or do is something actually wrong?

erm 11-21-2009 08:02 PM

Yep, it's the HEMI tick. The stock intake has some sound deadening resonators on it and when they are gone, the engine noises seem to magnify a bit.

sloppyfoos 11-21-2009 08:26 PM

Hey gabe20, I was just curious if you noticed any felt performance gains after installing your bfi? I just ordered one and it wont be shipped out until after January 1st. -- Tim

CdnoilRAM 11-21-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 108017)
Yep, it's the HEMI tick. The stock intake has some sound deadening resonators on it and when they are gone, the engine noises seem to magnify a bit.

That's right. As soon as you lose the stock intake you'll hear it more.

erm 11-21-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM (Post 108075)
That's right. As soon as you lose the stock intake you'll hear it more.

And you also hear the rush and roar of intake air with those aftermarket intakes...woohoo! :smileup:

gabe20 11-21-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppyfoos (Post 108031)
Hey gabe20, I was just curious if you noticed any felt performance gains after installing your bfi? I just ordered one and it wont be shipped out until after January 1st. -- Tim

Yea I noticed alot of gains at bottem end, some on mid and top also. I would say it was worth it, couse i bought it for $290 from a member here that is getting another truck.

I have another question. Is it better to just have the oil breather hose going to the cia tube or have a filter on the hose and the pipe blocked off on the tube?

wagoner2 11-21-2009 11:20 PM

Nothing like hearing your valve train through your intake! I love listening to the valve train through the carb on the race car...

0212353 11-23-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabe20 (Post 108131)
Yea I noticed alot of gains at bottem end, some on mid and top also. I would say it was worth it, couse i bought it for $290 from a member here that is getting another truck.

I have another question. Is it better to just have the oil breather hose going to the cia tube or have a filter on the hose and the pipe blocked off on the tube?

Gabe - do me a favor, shoot me over your info (address, name, BFI plaque # etc in a PM) so we can update our warranty info.

:smileup:

As for the tick - its EGR tick, and with the BFI (or any metal intake) you will hear that, as the plastic intake on the trucks minimized that noise.

Also, its better to use a filter on the hose for PCV. That is........if you don't have emissions testing!

JBSPartans05 11-23-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabe20 (Post 108131)

Wowser $290 man i wish i jumped on that!!! Good:smileup: buy!!