DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Fish aquariums? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44166)

foxcrazy90 11-22-2009 01:32 PM

Fish aquariums?

4 Attachment(s)
who all has a fish aquarium?

what size tank?

what kind of fish?

post some pics!!!

tank is a 55 gallon
albino tiger oscar
regular tiger oscar both are very small but soon to be very big!!!

bull head catfish about 7 inches long

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-22-2009 01:35 PM

Have a tank but no fish . So relaxing to watch .

CdnoilRAM 11-22-2009 01:54 PM

I don't have one now, I had to leave it at my brother's cuz my gf and I are rarely home to take care of it. Had one 50 Gal tank with a combination of 25 small fish including 2 sunfish, a couple black tips. Had a 55 Gal tank that had a large green terror and a couple of tiger ciclids, but they killed the green terror so they got moved a 30 Gal hex tank.

foxcrazy90 11-22-2009 02:58 PM

i have also got a 75 gallon in the garage but no where to put it so i think i am going to give it to my sister.

sorry tom,to hear you have no fish in your tank!should be easy cleaning!!!

GPSHSLAX 11-23-2009 01:51 AM

I used to have a beautiful planted 40 gallon brackish tank. I had a number of unusual fish (I worked at a pet show at the time). I'll have to see if I have any good pics.

Excoastie 11-23-2009 09:45 AM

I've got 6 separate tanks. It all started with a little 5 gal self contained set up. That set up is gone now. All of our tanks except one are heavily planted with a sand bottom. They're pretty much all "community" tanks.

75 gal. heavy plants, tiger barbs, albino barbs, bala sharks, and a few others. I can't really keep up with what she adds and moves around.

42 gal hex. heavy plants various community and do well with others type of fish

25 gal heavy plants, a pair of angel fish, and a couple of rosy barbs, again a couple of others too

40ish bow front heavy plants mostly tetras of various types

55 gal it's got a red eared slider turtle that's close to 9 inches across his back. He was about the size of a quarter when my wife got him for her Chemistry class project, also got a pair of yellow African ciclids (started off with 3 pairs, but over the past 2 yrs we've lost 4 fish) only tank that is not planted.

10 gal it's in the kid's room. moderate plants, a couple of glass cats, some cardinal tetras, and probably a few others that I can't find.

I'll try to get some pics up. It's been awhile since I've tried to take pics of the tanks.

Exco

Excoastie 11-23-2009 10:26 AM

I got a few pics, though none of them turned out very well. It's pretty tough to get decent pics of a tank....

Attachment 2704
This is a close up (sort of) of our 75 gallon. It's sometimes tough to see the fish with all the plants.

Attachment 2706
This is the 25.

Attachment 2710
one of the angel fish in 25 gallon the tank.

Attachment 2707
the bow front

Attachment 2708
The Hex

Attachment 2709
The Tank that the kiddo has in his room.

Attachment 2705
This is the 55.

Attachment 2711
I tried to get a close up of the turtle. He kept moving, so it's a bit blurred.

I'm not much of a photographer... but I tried.

Exco

CdnoilRAM 11-23-2009 02:34 PM

Nice ones Exco. The turtle adds so much character. how big is he and what size tank is he in?

foxcrazy90 11-23-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excoastie (Post 108786)
I've got 6 separate tanks. It all started with a little 5 gal self contained set up. That set up is gone now. All of our tanks except one are heavily planted with a sand bottom. They're pretty much all "community" tanks.

75 gal. heavy plants, tiger barbs, albino barbs, bala sharks, and a few others. I can't really keep up with what she adds and moves around.

42 gal hex. heavy plants various community and do well with others type of fish

25 gal heavy plants, a pair of angel fish, and a couple of rosy barbs, again a couple of others too

40ish bow front heavy plants mostly tetras of various types

55 gal it's got a red eared slider turtle that's close to 9 inches across his back. He was about the size of a quarter when my wife got him for her Chemistry class project, also got a pair of yellow African ciclids (started off with 3 pairs, but over the past 2 yrs we've lost 4 fish) only tank that is not planted.

10 gal it's in the kid's room. moderate plants, a couple of glass cats, some cardinal tetras, and probably a few others that I can't find.

I'll try to get some pics up. It's been awhile since I've tried to take pics of the tanks.

Exco

thats some nice tanks you got there!!
thanks for posting the pics!!! :smileup:

ViperRacer 11-24-2009 12:45 AM

I've got a 33 gallon in my room. A young breeding pair of Kribensis. They actually just spawned for the third time. Two black marble angels, two orange and white swordtails, Dwarf Sunset Gourami, three Pepper Cories, a common pleco, five pristella tetras and 5 cherry barbs. The only time the Kribensis bother my angels is during breeding time, so they might look a little ragged soon. No pics though. :(