DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Helppp!!! (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44323)

ramdodgeram1951 11-25-2009 12:37 PM

Helppp!!!

hey guys this is my frist time posting anything i have a 2007 dodge ram 1500 qc with the 5.7 hemi and i have an engine knock i am using the 5w20 oil which is what is recomended i do not do any towing or hauling has anyone had this problem ?

and its not the sound of the engine running i know the engine makes a ticking sound kinda when it runs

help please ??

MightyBlueRam 11-25-2009 02:14 PM

Are you using the right octane gas for your truck? Mine specifically say's to use 89 octane gas.

Could you post a video so we can hear what it sounds like?

GOOSE 11-25-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramdodgeram1951 (Post 109958)
hey guys this is my frist time posting anything i have a 2007 dodge ram 1500 qc with the 5.7 hemi and i have an engine knock i am using the 5w20 oil which is what is recomended i do not do any towing or hauling has anyone had this problem ?

and its not the sound of the engine running i know the engine makes a ticking sound kinda when it runs

help please ??

Hey partner,
Switch to AmsOil and the problem should decrease if not stop all together. We had a problem in one of our older dodges (98-99) and when we changed from the factory stuff to full synthetic amsoil it stopped! :SHOCKED: I am a firm believer in the product and have been using it in our vehicles for about 8 yrs and counting..lol PM me if you's like to get some. You could also just take it by a mechanic to get another opinion about it...most are free or very cheap to have them look at it. Hope this helps! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-25-2009 08:53 PM

Hopefully it's not the knock you don't want to hear . Sounds to me like Goose has had the same issue . Give it a shot and let us know how it makes out .

Incognito 11-25-2009 11:57 PM

The right fuel and the right weight of oil make a bigger difference than most people realize. Yes, if you're running lower grade octane than what you're supposed to be running, your engine will definitely knock, and if you're running the wrong weight of oil then you will have some issues to deal with as well.

Amsoil kicks arse. Bloody expensive but it's well worth the money. I couldn't tell you that it would take away the knocking sounds, but it will protect your engine far better than any cheap or even mid grade conventional oil.

chefred112 11-30-2009 10:42 PM

just turned 172k miles on my 05 qc..I run her hard, drag race it, and tow my boat with it..engine just hums along...

Incognito 11-30-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefred112 (Post 112281)
just turned 172k miles on my 05 qc..I run her hard, drag race it, and tow my boat with it..engine just hums along...

It's a Hemi, it'll last a long time. 172,000 miles is nothing on a Ram 1500. Mine just turned 120,000km today and I beat on my truck in ways that should be shown on a Dodge commercial.

Too bad my Ram 3500 won't even make it 100,000km. Piece of s**t Cummins. :(