DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Predator (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44429)

Hemipwrd 11-29-2009 09:18 AM

Predator

A while back I posted something about a ebay performance chip and was told by everyone its a waste of money and to spend my money elsewhere. I took that advice and started pricing the diablo predator, every site I went to had it for $375 on up. Till I came to one site that has it for $287 with free shipping. I know that it doesn't include the interface stuff but does the price of the unit raise any red flags? Or should I be all over that???

0212353 11-29-2009 09:26 AM

that is cheap, but the interface is needed to update, and thats another 40 bucks.

Just an FYI, I know of a few for sale (another forum) for around 260 shipped. Yup, used, but a deal. I'll PM you the link.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-29-2009 09:33 AM

Still your ahead of the game even if you buy the cables for $40 . $327 and free shipping . You might want to contact our vendors and see if they'll match that price before you buy from someone you don't know of . It won't hurt to check . Let us know how you make out .

0212353 11-29-2009 09:35 AM

The hard part is that Diablos are not supposed to be sold lower than the price that Diablo sets. The vendor can lose their ability to sell them. Some vendors get around this by giving away the cables for free - nice deal.

Also, last Christmas the Diablo was 318 from everywhere. Cables included. A month after being released.......and right after I paid 375 for mine. d'oh!

1970 Charger 11-29-2009 10:01 AM

I got mine pretty cheap with cables and shipping. I bought mine from a Z vendor that is not on this site, I will PM you with the info. Also, the 09's just had a calibration download that is of major importance from Diablo.

One other item before you buy is not just the price, but the service after the sale. At any time you can call this vendor for information, they deal directly with writing Diablo custome tunes and with Johan at Diablo. The vendor I use built the motor for the Diablo Challenger show cased at SEMA last year.

Dan 11-29-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0212353 (Post 111363)
that is cheap, but the interface is needed to update, and thats another 40 bucks.

Just an FYI, I know of a few for sale (another forum) for around 260 shipped. Yup, used, but a deal. I'll PM you the link.

I would recommend that you NOT buy the PC interface kit from Diablosport- nothing wrong with it, but you can get the parts much cheaper elsewhere. DS even mentions in some of their instructions what kind of parts you need. Of course, if you buy from a vendor that includes the cables, you don't have to worry about any of this.

For the cable, you can use a regular serial cable if your computer has a serial port on it. Otherwise, a USB-to-serial adapter is all you need.

For power, you can either power it from your truck's OBD-II port (which is a little less convenient, but it's a lot more free), or you can pick up a 12V 1.0A power supply from radio shack with an N size barrel connector.

If anybody has questions about this or wants help picking out the parts, PM me and I can send you some links to the parts that you'll need.

1970 Charger 11-30-2009 05:16 PM

My friend that is a supporting vendor on the other Z forums sells them with cables for $329.00, PM me if you want his link.

chefred112 11-30-2009 10:26 PM

I was gonna say, "who is payin $40 for a serial cable?"...cables are cheap nowadays..

0212353 11-30-2009 10:32 PM

yeah yeah......lol

MSRP.

Hemipwrd 12-01-2009 06:42 PM

Just an update, bought my predator!!! Just awaiting delivery, can't wait to get it. Merry early Christmas to me. Girlfriend wouldn't get it for me so I got it for myself.