DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Recalls and TSB's. (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Chrysler Goodwill Policy (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44433)

RamTech 11-29-2009 11:43 AM

Chrysler Goodwill Policy

Many people are unaware that Chrysler (and most manufacturers) has a goodwill policy in place for vehicles that are out of warranty. I'm not certain but I think the limits are 2 years/24k miles past warranty expiration. I've heard there is also a dollar amount limit, but I'm not sure about that. What this means is that a customer who has a vehicle out of warranty may be able to get it repaired at a reduced or no cost.

This is typically left to the discretion of the service manager at the dealership, so the success rate will vary from place to place. Normally this policy is reserved for customers who have purchased several vehicles or have services perfromed regularly at the dealer. I have seen customers contact Chrysler and have repairs goodwilled that way on occassion. Known issues usually have a better chance of being goodwilled. A good example of this is the blend doors in the HVAC housing.

If you fall into this category, don't be afraid to speak to the service manager about getting the repair goodwilled. The worst they can do is say no.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-29-2009 12:41 PM

Good to know .

MADDOG 11-29-2009 12:54 PM

Yeah, I experienced this when the differential gears gave it up in a GM vehicle some years ago. I had purchased 4 or 5 vehicles from the same dealer and talked a bit with the service manager after the failure, asking them what they could do. I got some "Goodwill Warranty" with the parts covered at no cost. I paid for the labor.

BlueJet 11-29-2009 01:53 PM

That is good to know since I am T-minus 800 miles till my warranty is up :(

MADDOG 11-29-2009 03:43 PM

800 miles left on your warranty? You are driving the wheels off that thing, BlueJet!!! ;)

BlueJet 11-29-2009 04:32 PM

I am at the end of the whole 3 year/36000 deal! Boo hoo! Scary it is so close, that is when they start acting up!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 11-29-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 111435)
800 miles left on your warranty? You are driving the wheels off that thing, BlueJet!!! ;)

Have wheels , will travel !

CajunDodge 11-30-2009 01:30 AM

That is good information to know, I will definitely have to keep that in mind, thanks for posting that, as I am T-minus 1300 miles to go before 3yr./36000 warranty expiration but I bought my extended warranty when I bought my truck, so covered for another 5yrs./50,000! :)

- Cajun :pepper:

boostjunkie1 11-30-2009 01:56 AM

:Hey:just to rub it in... I bought the full coverage warranty that expires in like 2050 :smileup:............. I can transfer that warranty to one person. Great for the warm fuzzy and for the buyer of the Truck in 6 to 7 years.... I am sure I will get my money worth either through warranty work or through the higher re-sale price......:smileup:

CajunDodge 11-30-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostjunkie1 (Post 111736)
:Hey:just to rub it in... I bought the full coverage warranty that expires in like 2050 :smileup:............. I can transfer that warranty to one person. Great for the warm fuzzy and for the buyer of the Truck in 6 to 7 years.... I am sure I will get my money worth either through warranty work or through the higher re-sale price......:smileup:

Yeah, go ahead and rub it in, you got the 1 million mile/50 yr. warranty, haha. JK man, you got a good deal with that, wish I had thought that far ahead, but mine will last well beyond pay-off time, enough for me! :)

- Cajun :pepper: