DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram General Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   04 Lumbar support (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44636)

Grunke 12-04-2009 04:44 PM

04 Lumbar support

I floored it in my truck the other day and it set me back into my seat pretty hard.....hard enough to snap the manual Lumbar support in the seat. Replacement cost from the dealer is 1200 bucks for a new seat back...anyone have this happen to them? Ideas on a Fix? I have searched the web for replacement Lumbar supports with no luck.
Thanks

98RamSport 12-04-2009 04:48 PM

Look around in the junk yards. It'll be waaaaayyyy cheaper. I'm not sure if they sell seat components, but try www.lmctruck.com. My electric lumber has been going really slow lately. I try not to use it as much.

And if you broke the lumbar support by stepping on the gas, well, at least that's all you broke.

Bobcat06 12-04-2009 06:00 PM

Damn, talk about throwing you back into your seat. That's a pretty good testament to your off the line acceleration. well, or a weak seat, but we'll say the first.
but yeah, i'd deffinelty try a junkyard.

Toms Blue Ram 1500 12-04-2009 10:04 PM

Yeah , check a junk yard . Maybe run it pass a interior upholstery shop and see what they have to say .

Incognito 12-05-2009 03:03 AM

Damn man, time to lose that holiday weight. You haven't even had your Christmas dinner and you're still packing that Thanksgiving turkey! :)

Uncle Buck 12-05-2009 07:36 AM

If it is a mechanical lumbar as opposed to an air bladder system chances are you can fix it. (I was an engineer for the company that made them.) You may have only popped a crimped-on L fitting. Pull the seat out, strip the back and look ... it is most likely the cable end. Let me know.

Regards,

UB.

Grunke 12-06-2009 08:28 PM

It is actually at plastic strip of some sort. The connection from the manual spinning handle to the lumbar mechanism is what broke. I also happy to say that it wasn't my weight but the extra horse power from the Intake and programmer...yeeeeehaaaw...
I have the leather with sued so finding a replacement back is very hard. Just seeing if anyone else had the same problem. Thanks to all for the incite.

98RamSport 12-07-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grunke (Post 114970)
It is actually at plastic strip of some sort. The connection from the manual spinning handle to the lumbar mechanism is what broke. I also happy to say that it wasn't my weight but the extra horse power from the Intake and programmer...yeeeeehaaaw...
I have the leather with sued so finding a replacement back is very hard. Just seeing if anyone else had the same problem. Thanks to all for the incite.

Not sure if it would actually work, but how about finding a working seat in a junkyard and replacing what broke?

Just a thought.

Grunke 12-07-2009 02:37 PM

I think I would have to tear my seat apart in order to replace the part. Not 100% sure on that, hence the cry for help from all of you.

RamTech 12-07-2009 02:41 PM

Might be time for a Butler or Kirkey racing seat!