DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Throttle Body Spacer (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44686)

hemi05 12-05-2009 11:46 PM

Throttle Body Spacer

Hey guys,

I'm looking for something new to do to my truck, you know how it is. I was getting ready to order a throttle body spacer, but I've talked to a few people about them and they all say something different about them on a HEMI.

A buddy of mine has one on an 02 hemi, along w/ a bullydog and a CAI, and his truck is one of the fastest HEMI's I've ever seen. But another guy I know said that on these trucks, the spacer is pretty much a waste of money due to the way that the intake is manufactured.

Any advice??

erm 12-06-2009 12:28 AM

Pretty much a waste of your money.

Best bang for the buck mods for your HEMI is to put on a Cold Air Intake, aftermarket exhaust and a DiabloSport Predator programmer.

Oh, don't forget to get a 180 degree thermostat for summer.

CdnoilRAM 12-06-2009 01:50 AM

Agreed, a TBS is pretty much useless unless you have an aftermarket single plane intake.

CHILLZ HEMI 12-06-2009 07:22 AM

TBS are garbage, ive never saw any type of gains that would impress me enough to buy one for any car really...

Toms Blue Ram 1500 12-06-2009 09:30 AM

^^ agree with everyone ^^

RamTech 12-06-2009 10:44 AM

I also agree. Stick with the proven mods that will give you the most bang for the buck.

hemi05 12-06-2009 12:38 PM

Well, my plan was to even if I bought one, I wasn't gonna put it on until I got a
CAI. I just know that a friend of mine has one on his HEMI. I just like the sound of the two together.

beermanjoe 12-06-2009 12:39 PM

Good info.Was wondering the same thing.

CdnoilRAM 12-06-2009 01:03 PM

One use of a TBS in the HEMI engines is if you're planning to run a wet nitrous system, but if you like the sound of the air whistling through (sort of sounding like a super charger), then go for it.

hemi05 12-06-2009 09:32 PM

what about those predator programmers? anyone have one? I've heard a lot of talk about them, but no one around here that I know has one. Just wanting to know your results.

Also, I have a bullydog power pup programmer. I like it but the only things you can change are: 1.) Stock, Reg., or Premium tune
2.) Set speed limiter up to 140mph
3.) Adjust shift points b/w 1-2 and 2-3rd gear.
...and I believe that's all.

I have a friend with a K&N Cold Air Intake with the Chrome Polished (or whatever it is) intake tube on it and he's wanting to trade even. I thought about trading or even asking him some boot. Which do you guys think would help more? It seems like I can notice a difference in gas milage when the programmer is on or off, what about the CAI??