DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Military (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Marine Corps Boot Experiences (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=44841)

RAMKING89 12-09-2009 06:14 PM

Marine Corps Boot Experiences

I know how much i have enjoyed reminiscing over the many experiences i had while at MCRD Paris Island over 2 years sgo now. Whether your an old salt or fresh out of boot post any stories you have im sure the other branches will get a kick out of some of the things they read.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_insignia.jpg

mholla00 12-10-2009 03:41 PM

well. I am ex USAF and was wondering if in the marine boot camp if anyone took a dump in the first week or so. Nobody in my flight took one for atleast 1 week it was 2 weeks for myself and we had one guy that went 4 weeks before dropping a load. Just wondering if it was that strange powder they made us put in our drinks at chow every day. One of the funniest things I saw in my time in boot camp was on the 3rd day we were all in the dorms and got called into the flight office when the TI was just sitting at his desk giving the death look to a troop and stood up about an inch from his face and yelled as loud as he could TRAINEE GET YOUR SH*T AND GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY FLIGHT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT. well aparently he wasn't getting out fast enough and the TI went and pushed the trainee out of the way, picked up his bunk, threw it out of the way then picked up his wall locker and threw it to the other side of the doorm and said YOUR NOT MOVING FAST ENOUGH GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT. so he got all of his stuff and bolted down the HQ office. When the TI returned some kid with major balls actually asked why he got kicked out of our flight and got washed back 2 weeks in training the TI looked him dead in the eye and said "cuz I didn't like him" well at the time he didn't like any of us so we were all shaking in our boots to say the least. Then after graduation the air force has amnesty hour where for one hour you sit down with your TI and admit all of the stuff you got away with during basic training and you can't get in trouble and the TI admits all the stuff they lied to you about. After people admiting to sneeking off base and hiding playboys and beef jerky the TI admited that the guy failed his piss test and that's why he was being kicked out he just told us he kicked him out for not liking him to trip us out.

USCG71 12-10-2009 07:23 PM

I know for the coast guard boot no one took a sh*t for at least the first week and at the end the company commanders told us that it was normal. The funniest thing that happened in my boot camp was that one of the company commanders told one of the recruits to beat face which means to get out of his face and he didnt know what to do so he stood there and slapped himself in the face until the cc told him to go away.

Quiet Lunatic 12-10-2009 08:31 PM

When I was in Navy boot camp in San Diego our barracks was located along the fence that separated us from MCRD San Diego. At times we would be cokin' and smokin' on the grass in front of the barracks and watch the Marine recruits on their cross country run in full gear run by not a hundred feet away. There were a lot of catcalls both ways. Years later I ran into a guy that had been on that other side of the fence. He told me he always wondered why he was busting his butt and we were kicking back earning the SAME pay.

I remember it being 10 days before I could do my duty there. Here all these years I assumed I was probably the only one that was affected like that. You guys have made me feel better about it - I can sleep better tonight :)

Duty stations - VP17 Barber's Point, Hi; VAQ 132 NAS Whidbey; AIMD Whidbey; VA 52 NAS Whidbey; VQ 5 NAS Guam/NAS North Island. Ships - USS Eisenhower, USS Carl Vinson, USS Enterprise, USS Independence, USS Kitty Hawk. Anyone else on the forums been there/done that?

MrCantu 12-13-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mholla00 (Post 117088)
well. I am ex USAF and was wondering if in the marine boot camp if anyone took a dump in the first week or so. Nobody in my flight took one for atleast 1 week it was 2 weeks for myself and we had one guy that went 4 weeks before dropping a load. Just wondering if it was that strange powder they made us put in our drinks at chow every day. One of the funniest things I saw in my time in boot camp was on the 3rd day we were all in the dorms and got called into the flight office when the TI was just sitting at his desk giving the death look to a troop and stood up about an inch from his face and yelled as loud as he could TRAINEE GET YOUR SH*T AND GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY FLIGHT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT. well aparently he wasn't getting out fast enough and the TI went and pushed the trainee out of the way, picked up his bunk, threw it out of the way then picked up his wall locker and threw it to the other side of the doorm and said YOUR NOT MOVING FAST ENOUGH GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT. so he got all of his stuff and bolted down the HQ office. When the TI returned some kid with major balls actually asked why he got kicked out of our flight and got washed back 2 weeks in training the TI looked him dead in the eye and said "cuz I didn't like him" well at the time he didn't like any of us so we were all shaking in our boots to say the least. Then after graduation the air force has amnesty hour where for one hour you sit down with your TI and admit all of the stuff you got away with during basic training and you can't get in trouble and the TI admits all the stuff they lied to you about. After people admiting to sneeking off base and hiding playboys and beef jerky the TI admited that the guy failed his piss test and that's why he was being kicked out he just told us he kicked him out for not liking him to trip us out.

Hahaha dude that was a hella funny story :LOL:

SF Ram 2002 12-15-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvereagle98 (Post 117309)
When I was in Navy boot camp in San Diego our barracks was located along the fence that separated us from MCRD San Diego. At times we would be cokin' and smokin' on the grass in front of the barracks and watch the Marine recruits on their cross country run in full gear run by not a hundred feet away. There were a lot of catcalls both ways. Years later I ran into a guy that had been on that other side of the fence. He told me he always wondered why he was busting his butt and we were kicking back earning the SAME pay.

I remember it being 10 days before I could do my duty there. Here all these years I assumed I was probably the only one that was affected like that. You guys have made me feel better about it - I can sleep better tonight :)

Duty stations - VP17 Barber's Point, Hi; VAQ 132 NAS Whidbey; AIMD Whidbey; VA 52 NAS Whidbey; VQ 5 NAS Guam/NAS North Island. Ships - USS Eisenhower, USS Carl Vinson, USS Enterprise, USS Independence, USS Kitty Hawk. Anyone else on the forums been there/done that?

Spent my first tour with VP-26 NAS Brunswick as an AW. Loved the flying and hated it at the same time. Looooooong hours up in that P-3. Didn't like Great Lakes at all. Now I've "crossed over to the blue" and have become one of those Security Forces guys that everyone loves to hate. I love the job, get to do and see some interesting things.

First tactical drop was made about 3 or 4 days out of the smurf suits. Funny story: had a guy that couldn't take all of the yelling and the "instruction." He tried to jump the fence and got his rain coat stuck up on top of the barb wire fence. He was there for about 2 days before the SP's found him......it was the last week of January. He nearly froze. Guess the smurf suits were good for something.

Sorry for bringing the USN and USAF into a USMC thread. Lots of respect for those guys!

RAMKING89 12-23-2009 08:01 PM

[/QUOTE]Sorry for bringing the USN and USAF into a USMC thread. Lots of respect for those guys![/QUOTE]

Not a problem there might not be alot of marines in here its nice to hear from all different branches. I remember one time while the platoon was getting ready to run the confidence course a recruit ran up to the DI. SIR THIS RECRUIT REQUESTS TO MAKE AN EMERGENCY HEAD CALL SIR! the DI said EMERGENCY! Only Firetrucks and Ambulances have emergencies do you know what a firetruck sounds like recruit? The recruit said SIR? (as if the Drill Instructor didnt make himself clear enough). DO YOU KNOW WHAT A FIRETRUCK SOUNDS LIKE. Immediatley the recruit starts going whoooooo wo wo wo. The DI didn't find that satisfying enough so later that day after getting quarterdecked to hell and back the same recruit had to run around the outside of the barracks with a flashlight waving back and forth over his head making the noise until it was time to hit the rack. one of the funnier things i've seen

MADDOG 12-23-2009 10:55 PM

I am also former USAF.

We were in basic training over Christmas. On Christmas Eve, our freakin' sadistic TI called a surprise inspection. He was newly back from his second tour of Vietnam and was kinda whacked.

One guy had a small untucked corner piece on his bunk...the TI called him a pig and had him crawing through the bays on all fours, oinking as he went.

Then another guy had a problem with his inspection and he joined the pig herd. Soon, there were 4 other guys in the herd, crawling through the bays, oinking as they went by in parade...

The next guy that got a gig was called a "Pig Farmer" and he was told to follow the pig herd, calling to the pigs "SOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" You'd hear "oink oink oink oink oink SOOOOOOEEEEEEE!!! all around the bays.

The next gig was for a dirty shaving creme nozzle. The TI had the guy squirt a large amount of creme into his hands, place it all over his face and he became "Santa Claus". He told this guy to follow the Pig Farmer and sing Jingle Bells.

Soon, Santa had 8 reindeer who were told to say "tingaling, tingaling" to accompany Santa's singing.

After this large entourage had made about 5 circuits of the double bays, "oink, oink, oink, oink, oink, oink; SOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE; Jingle Bells Jingle Bells; tingaling tingaling tingaling tingaling tingaling tingaling tingaling tingaling"; the TI crawled into a door locker and was laughing so hard the locker was shaking.

He stuck his head out, looked at the rest of us and said, "Don't Any One Of You ****ers Start Laughing!!!" and he crawled out the bay, not to be seen the rest of the night.

"HO HO ****ING HO, Merry Christmas!!!" was his parting shot...

mholla00 02-07-2010 01:21 AM

haha that was awsome!!!! TI's can come up with some of the funniest stuff to do. Our TI called our dorm chief the "dorm fairy captain obvious" he made our dorm chief wear a pink tutu and carry a wand around and everytime he would give us a command like "everyone get ready" he would have to wave his wand around and say "bllliiiiing" after waving the wand. And he had to wear a paper sailors hat with a pink captains insignia for his name captain obvious. hahaha. The hardest I have ever laughed in my life though. Our first week we had OJT dorm guards, the airmen that were in their 5th week of training would stand in our room while we "slept" well needless to say they didn't let us sleep at all. They would wake us up about 6 times a night and make us do all kinds of crazy stuff. The funniest thing ever they made one trainee get in a wall locker and they told him every time they dropped change in the vent he had to sing and he was the trainee jukebox and they fed him change all night and he sung everything they told him to. I laughed so hard I almost cried

RAMitDOWN 02-07-2010 01:38 PM

While in USMC boot camp (MCRD San Diego) we had a recruit in our platoon that reminded me of Ichabod Crane you know the guy from the headless horseman cartoon.
He was tall and goofy looking as can be.

During one mail call as the DI is calling out names ole Ichabod's name was called, Ichabod stood and snapped to attention then screamed (as he should) at the top of his lungs "SIR HERE SIR".
The DI had noticed Ichabod's letter was more then just a letter it had pictures in it and any time a letter was received that felt as if it may have more then just a letter or something other then a couple sheets of paper said letter had to be opened in front of the DI to insure no contraband was being mailed into the recruit.
Well upon Ichabod opening his "letter" the DI snatched it out of his hand and began looking at the pictures.
After checking out each picture the DI then barked out asking Ichabod "What is she F*cking blind" ?
At which time Ichabod still standing at attention and again at the top of his lungs replied "SIR YES SIR"

The DI then dropped his chin to his chest so that us recruits sitting on the floor in front of him (indian stile) could not see him lose his composure.
The bill of his smoky blocked his face but we all could plainly see his head bobbing up and down from laughing.
I thought I was going to pizz myself but no way was I or any of the other recruits going to laugh out loud.

Goes without saying but apparently poor ole Ichabod's girl was smoking hot.