DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Predator Help (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=45019)

supercharged03hemi 12-13-2009 10:48 PM

Predator Help

I have a Paxton supercharger that is programed to run a max of seven pounds of boost. If i put a Predator programmer in my truck, will that mess up the tune of my supercharger. And if it wont, will I have to get a custom tune or anything like that.

Get Bit 12-13-2009 10:56 PM

How is the system "programmed" to run only Xpsi of boost, since it is all based on the size of pulley that you're running? Or do you have a BOV that is set for X amount of boost?

I would think that adding a predator on top of things might step on your tune, if you've had a custom one done. But I am not sure what attributes the predator changes, versus if you had a tune done.

erm 12-13-2009 11:25 PM

I'd strongly suggest you get a custom tune to load with the Predator.

It won't run very well with one of the stock tunes from that tool.

supercharged03hemi 12-14-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Get Bit (Post 118794)
How is the system "programmed" to run only Xpsi of boost, since it is all based on the size of pulley that you're running? Or do you have a BOV that is set for X amount of boost?

I would think that adding a predator on top of things might step on your tune, if you've had a custom one done. But I am not sure what attributes the predator changes, versus if you had a tune done.

There is a little box that gets plugged into a computer and they do something with it. Im not really sure how it works.

Get Bit 12-14-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercharged03hemi (Post 118860)
There is a little box that gets plugged into a computer and they do something with it. Im not really sure how it works.

Hmm, that is different.

Have you had your truck on the dyno or at the track?

Fast Willy 12-14-2009 02:03 AM

please lord tell me you have the truck tuned for the &lbs you are currently running?

supercharged03hemi 12-14-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Willy (Post 118884)
please lord tell me you have the truck tuned for the &lbs you are currently running?

It was dynoed, but I don't have the numbers or anything. The guy I bought it from said it was dynoed to set up the supercharger. I'm really confused on what exactly was done.

RADMAN 12-15-2009 09:16 PM

my buddy have Paxton supercharger on his ram and he is doing his tuning with his predator

Dan 12-16-2009 01:42 AM

I would definitely get a custom tune- a predator and a CMR tune would be a good option. That'd give you both the custom tune, and the ability to tweak the tune a little yourself, as well as data logging.

If they reflashed your PCM with a new tune when the supercharger was installed, it might be a bad idea to try to use a regular predator on it (i.e. without a custom tune)- I'm almost certain that the predator doesn't make adjustments to your tune based on whatever was on your PCM before, so if you try to load up one of their standard tunes, you'd be running a supercharged vehicle with a tune intended for stock to mildly modified vehicles. That could yield unpredictable, or even dangerous results.

Fast Willy 12-16-2009 04:13 PM

You need to get a predator and then have a custom tune don't with that. I really hope you didn't just get a re-flashed ecu. You could be looking a big problems down the road.