DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Jokes/Humor (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Awesome Senior Moment (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=45071)

erm 12-14-2009 11:35 PM

Awesome Senior Moment

Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent inter-action between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a Metro station in DC.

There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets, on the evils of America. I politely declined to take one.

The elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20-ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined. The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice the young lady said, "Lady, don't you care about the children of Iraq ?"

The old woman looked up at her and said, "Honey, my father died in France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea , and a son in Vietnam. All three died so you could have the right to stand here and badmouth our country.

If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your ass and open it."

~God Bless America ~

CHILLZ HEMI 12-15-2009 07:00 AM

LMFAO....Wow, thats funny as hell...But, sad at the sametime...That old lady is right for the most part, people died to get where we are at today, and its not as apprecitaed anymore...

Yondaime 12-15-2009 07:14 AM

lmao lol lol lol Omg that is good, i hate when protester do that and dont even know who they are talking to. lol lol

chithead 12-15-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHILLZ HEMI (Post 119442)
LMFAO....Wow, thats funny as hell...But, sad at the sametime...That old lady is right for the most part, people died to get where we are at today, and its not as apprecitaed anymore...

You can thank "Hope" and "Change" for that.

Kens04 12-15-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 119447)

Agreed, and I hope we change soon!!

Quiet Lunatic 12-15-2009 08:14 AM

There oughta be a law...

Anyone who wants to protest this country should be required to spend a month in a third world country first.

There's no place like home.

Bobcat06 12-15-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvereagle98 (Post 119462)
There oughta be a law...

Anyone who wants to protest this country should be required to spend a month in a third world country first.

There's no place like home.

From someone who has spent 20 months living in a third world country I can truly say there is no place like the U.S. of A. There are so many things we take for granted, like electricity everyday, always having clean hot water to shower and flush the toilets with, and have grocery stores that always have our favorites food to list just a few.

I'd rather have American troops over there, than anyone else's troops in America.

Quiet Lunatic 12-15-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcat06 (Post 119583)
From someone who has spent 20 months living in a third world country I can truly say there is no place like the U.S. of A. There are so many things we take for granted, like electricity everyday, always having clean hot water to shower and flush the toilets with, and have grocery stores that always have our favorites food to list just a few.

You hit the nail right on the head, Bobcat. :smiley_thumbs_up:

I could relate a bunch of sea stories from the garbage barge operators in Mombasa Kenya feasting on 3 day old mess deck scraps to public restrooms in South Korea (the ditch out back). It would do a lot of folks a lot of good to see some of these things for themselves. I truly am thankful every day for what I have.

CajunDodge 12-15-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 119447)

Well said, bro! BTW, has everyone forgotten about the people here at home that need help? Never see commercials for them :4-dontknow:

- Cajun :pepper:

BlueJet 12-15-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunDodge (Post 119718)
Well said, bro! BTW, has everyone forgotten about the people here at home that need help? Never see commercials for them :4-dontknow:

- Cajun :pepper:

Amen to that but then I would say we do help our people at home...give them an EBT card and no incentive to support themselves! :smiledown: