DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Sport Tow Hook Install With Pics (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=45741)

Quiet Lunatic 12-30-2009 10:21 PM

Sport Tow Hook Install With Pics

4 Attachment(s)
I did a lot of searching about tow hook installation, I was reading confusing reports that Sports could not be fitted with factory hooks but since I really wanted them I thought I'd give it a try. The problem comes in with the little insert in the fascia, it is unique to the Sport and must be cut out. The instructions don't show where to cut so I thought I'd post some pics on how I did mine. Otherwise they bolt up the same as any other Ram. I should mention this is on a 2010 Canadian Market Sport, not sure if 09 and US market are any different.

red041500 12-30-2009 10:28 PM

looks good :smileup: , so what did the hooks run you ? did you get them from dodge ?

iRockCrawler 12-30-2009 10:30 PM

Awesome!! thanks for the post.. I was wanting to add them to my sport as well but couldn't find the fascia..

Quiet Lunatic 12-30-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red041500 (Post 127116)
looks good :smileup: , so what did the hooks run you ? did you get them from dodge ?

They are from the Dodge Dealer and were $140. Worth every penny in my opinion. I wish I'd taken a picture before I installed them, they are huge and tie into the frame nicely, they will also help protect the front fascia from over zealous backer uppers!:smiley_thumbs_up:

erm 12-30-2009 10:52 PM

Cool mod! How long did it take to do?

Quiet Lunatic 12-30-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADDOG (Post 127135)
Cool mod! How long did it take to do?

Popping the bezel out takes a couple of minutes, no tools. Then remove 2 existing bumper nuts on each side, slide the hooks into place, put the nuts back and add a bolt to each where they attach to the frame and torque, about 10 minutes. Cut out the fascia, the way I did it took about a half hour or so. Reinstall the fascia insert another couple minutes.

Martini 12-31-2009 01:58 PM

Very nice! I was told it was a much bigger job than you describe... I'll give that a shot this spring!

rickerred 01-01-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumbles1960 (Post 127147)
Popping the bezel out takes a couple of minutes, no tools. Then remove 2 existing bumper nuts on each side, slide the hooks into place, put the nuts back and add a bolt to each where they attach to the frame and torque, about 10 minutes. Cut out the fascia, the way I did it took about a half hour or so. Reinstall the fascia insert another couple minutes.

was it hard to remove the bezel? is it only clip in?

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-02-2010 12:29 AM

Nice job . Someone else on here did this mod to their '09 several months ago .

iRockCrawler 01-02-2010 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toms Blue Ram 1500 (Post 128183)
Nice job . Someone else on here did this mod to their '09 several months ago .

Yeah, Brute had done them not too long ago.. was on an ST. The insert on the front bumper is different on the sports and there is not bezel available for tow hooks on a sport.

I wasn't sure if it would have matched up..