DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Time for tuner (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=45824)

GunDog1 01-01-2010 06:11 PM

Time for tuner

So I'm in need of help!
Superchip for my 04 hemi or Diablo?

And also should I also put a Billet Torque Converter with it?

Right now i got the duel flowmasters and a K&N cold air intake

erm 01-01-2010 06:41 PM

Go with the DiabloSport Predator. Very flexible tuner with a lot of options and will hold a custom CMR tune when you are ready to get one.

Your stock torque converter is just fine unless you want to go with a higher stall unit.

CdnoilRAM 01-01-2010 08:18 PM

I'd go with the DS pred too. Are you planning on digging into the engine and upping the HP about 500? IF so then you'll want to get a better torque converter with a higher stall, if not, then it's a bit of a waste.

ScatPak07 01-01-2010 09:07 PM

I have to agree with everyone above. The diablosport is the best programmer for the ram

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-02-2010 01:47 AM

Predator and theres no need for a billet convertor in a gas motor .

supercharged03hemi 01-02-2010 02:32 AM

I also agree with the predator.

foxxyy 01-02-2010 01:36 PM

problem with diablo predator

Hey,

Just got a predator for christmas and it won't load on my 05 hemi. Said i had to down load an up date for the truck first, before I did that I had to load on the newest update as of dec23/09, I did all of that , updated the truck computer and it took then it still would not allow me to put the performance tune in the truck. It came up with a new PCM number and a TOM number as well, said I have to contact a diablo technician ?? Very disapointed ! Has anyone has the same problem ? Is there no need for me to panic ?

GunDog1 01-02-2010 10:00 PM

OK so I'm going with the preditor. So u that said to get a better torque converter...What should I go with??????

AND...Will it really increase my power 500???? is that horse or pnd?

CdnoilRAM 01-03-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxxyy (Post 128336)
Hey,

Just got a predator for christmas and it won't load on my 05 hemi. Said i had to down load an up date for the truck first, before I did that I had to load on the newest update as of dec23/09, I did all of that , updated the truck computer and it took then it still would not allow me to put the performance tune in the truck. It came up with a new PCM number and a TOM number as well, said I have to contact a diablo technician ?? Very disapointed ! Has anyone has the same problem ? Is there no need for me to panic ?

Sorry to hear you can't get it working. You did upload the latest CROM for the pred before you tried loading, correct? After you've uploaded the CROM, then you'll need to upload the truck update. Once you've uploaded the truck updpate then you should be able to take it to the truck and upload the latest update to the truck's PCM. After that, then you should be able to install whatever tune you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunDog1 (Post 128574)
OK so I'm going with the preditor. So u that said to get a better torque converter...What should I go with??????

AND...Will it really increase my power 500???? is that horse or pnd?

Check out suncoast convertors, they make some nice gear.
And I think you misunderstood the HP thing. If you're planning on upping your horse power to 500HP, then you'll need to upgrade your converter to a higher stall.

foxxyy 01-03-2010 09:46 AM

Sorry to hear you can't get it working. You did upload the latest CROM for the pred before you tried loading, correct? After you've uploaded the CROM, then you'll need to upload the truck update. Once you've uploaded the truck updpate then you should be able to take it to the truck and upload the latest update to the truck's PCM. After that, then you should be able to install whatever tune you want.

I did all of those steps and then it came back with a new PCM and TCM code, said that I need to contact Diablo tech person, I will call them first thing Monday morning. From reviewing the forums at Diablo I don't think it will be serious. Might have to down load a different version of something ?
Thanks for the help.