DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Newbie Checkin! (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New 2010 Ram 1500 Sport (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=45860)

mrcorm 01-02-2010 02:31 PM

New 2010 Ram 1500 Sport

Good day eh, just bought my truck a few months ago, first new truck I ever bought so I expect alot from it considering the price and I'm usually pretty picky. First thing that pissed me off was the windshield wipers, I live in a cold enviroment with snow and -40c weather. The wipers may work properly in California but not here so I had to replace them. The sound system is ok but I only would give it a 5 out of 10. My wife's Ford Ecape has deeper base and better quality sound. I recently found oil spots on my driveway so I brought it in to the dealer and was told the 09's and 2010 have had front axle seal leak problems and the seals were on back order. OoooooooK......I recently noticed also when I was cleaning out the cab that they placed the door rubber seal joint on the bottom. Why would they place the joint on the bottom were all the dirt can get in and damage it that much sooner? Sounds like I'm bitching but I expect better quality for the price these days....Anyone else out there with issues? I'd like to here them good or bad.....cheers

BlueJet 01-02-2010 02:47 PM

Hello and welcome! :wavey:

We are glad you joined us, issues and all! Maybe we can help fix some of them? If you would, could you go back and fill out your User CP? It helps us to answer questions you might have by knowing what you are driving! :)

I hope you enjoy the board!

LYC79 01-02-2010 02:47 PM

:wavey: Welcome to the ForumZ Family!
Glad you joined us, I'm sure you'll find some feedback from the other owners. Enjoy the board!

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-02-2010 02:52 PM

Glad you joined us and welcome to the Z for Rams from Baltimore . Any pictures of your truck ? Any mods done or plans for future mods ? Any of your friends have Rams ? Tell them about us . We would love to have them . You will find this site is full of a lot of talented people . So if theres any question that you need answered , just shoot away . Talk to ya soon . Tom

erm 01-02-2010 05:33 PM

Welcome to the forum.

One seal installation method is to put the seal ends at the bottom to promote drainage.

The sound system can be upgraded but I agree, OEM systems suck.

The wiper issue is clearly a cost compromise. A heavier duty winter blade is not purchased or installed by Dodge in the production line. Putting on wipers that fit your environment is totally up to the consumer.

mrcorm 01-02-2010 08:36 PM

Thanks for the welcome to the forum. I'm sure as more people join and the word gets out there will be lots more advice and mods available. The only mod I will be installing for now will be the front tow hooks. Cheers

CajunDodge 01-02-2010 08:39 PM

Hello and welcome to RamForumZ! Congrats on your truck, but sorry to hear about the issues you are having with it, but someone here should be able to shed some light on for you! In the meantime, got any pics of that new 2010? We'd love to see it! Lots of helpful people and info here as well as great conversation, so look forward to seeing you around and I hope you enjoy the board! :Hey:

- Cajun :pepper:

bones64 01-02-2010 08:58 PM

:wavey:Welcome from Ontario. Glad to have you aboard the zzzzzzzz

dodgeman70592 01-04-2010 01:42 PM

Welcome to the Z!!! Congrats on the new ride, sorry to hear about your issues. I for one have never heard a good enough factory sound system for my taste, thats why its always a given with me to go with aftermarket anyway. Hope to see ya around, enjoy the board!

CdnoilRAM 01-04-2010 05:14 PM

Welcome to the Z from Calgary! What part of Alberta are you from? I hear you about the wipers, I own both a ram and a F-350 and they all come with horrible wipers. I upgrade all mine to the Reflex wiper blades from crappy tire and they work great in the snow/ice. When it comes to the stock radio, unless you got the infinity system, the basic system is ok for my mom to listen to the AM/FM channels... but if you want some real sound, you'll need to upgrade.