DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Whats up with the 07 4.7 parts availability. (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=46062)

njheavytow 01-06-2010 03:09 PM

Whats up with the 07 4.7 parts availability.

I have a 07 1500 Quad Cab 4.7 and it seems this year and model there are fewer parts available for it then other years. I like the Gibson dual side exiting exhaust but its not available for my model. Seems every other year and model they have it for though. What exhaust are you guys running on your 07 4.7?

chithead 01-06-2010 05:26 PM

What about the 2008? Wonder what could be different with the 07 versus the 06 and 08 models.

yotehtr 01-06-2010 09:41 PM

Theres not much support for the 08s either. Seems like the 4.7 is the black sheep! You can find stuff but you really gotta look and unfortunately it doesnt seem like you can get all the stuff thats available for a hemi

bwracing9 01-07-2010 02:43 AM

I used a universal fit 3" Flowsound muffler from ebay. It sounds amazing and a fabricator that I know is going to cut my stock tail pipe and make it fit for a side pipe. I have the quad cab 4x4. There are parts out there but you really have to dig. Let me know exactly what you are looking for and I'm pretty good at digging.

chithead 01-07-2010 09:29 AM

Hey that's exactly what I want to do! Just reuse the stock tailpiece, cut it off behind the resonator and weld it to the back of a new muffler, still looks stock but exits in front of the rear tire for more growl.

foxcrazy90 01-07-2010 07:43 PM

i feel the pain!!!!! wish i had got the hemi!!

rjs2005 01-13-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chithead (Post 131355)
Hey that's exactly what I want to do! Just reuse the stock tailpiece, cut it off behind the resonator and weld it to the back of a new muffler, still looks stock but exits in front of the rear tire for more growl.

I want a dual exhaust look, but I'm totally happy with the growl I get from the stock exhaust. I wonder how hard/expensive it would be to adapt dual outlets from the back of the stock muffler.

Maybe I'm just hard of hearing, but the sound it makes now works for me!

chithead 01-13-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjs2005 (Post 134983)
I want a dual exhaust look, but I'm totally happy with the growl I get from the stock exhaust. I wonder how hard/expensive it would be to adapt dual outlets from the back of the stock muffler.

Maybe I'm just hard of hearing, but the sound it makes now works for me!

Shouldn't be too hard to add a "Y" pipe to the back of the muffler and then have duals ran.

rjs2005 01-13-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxcrazy90 (Post 131756)
i feel the pain!!!!! wish i had got the hemi!!

You know, right after I got mine, I thought I'd feel that way as well. Compared to the 09-later Hemi, yes, I can see it. Compared to the 08 Hemi, I don't feel like I gave up that much, and yes, I've driven and compared them. I'm pretty happy so far with my 4.7. Sure, upgrades and aftermarket performance goodies are slim pickins, but it's still an internal combustion engine, so an enterprising hot rodder can still find a few extra ponies if he's willing to experiment, and quite a bit if he's willing to engineer a forced induction kit. It can be done.

njheavytow 01-24-2010 10:31 PM

I have finally found a few parts for the 07. Takes alot of searching.