DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum (http://www.ramforumz.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.ramforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Anybody done SnowBoarding ? (http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=46551)

Dann 01-15-2010 01:36 PM

Anybody done SnowBoarding ?

next weekend its my friends birthday and she loves snowboarding, I said we would go and i would pay as a treat for her, I have never done it, its an indoor slope with real snow, just wondering has anyone got any tips advice done it spills thrills etc

txhemi 01-15-2010 01:58 PM

have you ever ridden a skateboard? its a lot the same. to turn left, turn your head and look left. to turn right, turn your head and look to the right. the best way to stop is to dig your heels in. stay off of your toes unless you're turning. busting face first hurts. do not try to catch yourself with your hands when you're falling. i promise, the broken wrist is not worth it. i don't know how agile you are, but when i know i'm falling, i throw myself into a shoulder roll and then into a summersault and end up on my feet again like nothing happened. of course, i have gotten really good at falling over the years. i'm not so great at staying right-side up the whole trip.

MightyBlueRam 01-15-2010 02:40 PM

I've never snowboarded but I think you should stay away from trees! Have fun!!

Dann 01-15-2010 02:56 PM

wow cool well have never skateboarded lol but i got a wii and snowboard game with balence board and it cool am great at it lol.
Erm falling over i can do that easy face planting and rolling yep can do them too haha.

Right good advice above thanks very much so to slow or stop dig my heels in of course that will bring the front of the board up sort of yeh i understand that.

bones64 01-15-2010 03:12 PM

No not as of yet. Sound like fun.......BUT...i looked after approx. 10 people this week . Fractured wrists and tibias from snowboarding.:doh:

Toms Blue Ram 1500 01-15-2010 03:51 PM

Good luck and have fun .

bones64 01-15-2010 03:56 PM

Hey Dann.............youll have fun for sure. Just dont fall down and you will be OK:LOL: Try not to go front wards or backwards when falling.Thats the problem with snowboarding. You fall either frontwards or backwards and the first thing you do is put out your hands to break your fall. A BIG DEFINATE..................WEAR A HELMET............We can fix your bones but the head is another thing.:smileup:

dodgeman70592 01-15-2010 03:59 PM

You have to get video of this...

bones64 01-15-2010 04:01 PM

:iagree:Totally. At least some pics.:LOL:

foxcrazy90 01-15-2010 06:46 PM

never done it or tried it and alot of reasons why,i will leave it at that!